Ok i have a regular crybaby original wah with no dial on it for changing the sweep. i want something that is wide sounding and cheap..is the zakk wylde, slash, dimebag or the 535q the best bet, or should i get mine modded.
If you're interested in mods and modding, go to the Wah Modding thread in GB&C. It's an excellent resource for anything wah-related. The Original Crybaby is actually a great platform for modding, one of the best in my opinion. The sweep control is fairly easy to do, too.

If you're thinking about a new wah, Ultimate Wah Thread. Now.
Quote by cokeisbetter
If you're interested in mods and modding, go to the Wah Modding thread in GB&C. It's an excellent resource for anything wah-related. The Original Crybaby is actually a great platform for modding, one of the best in my opinion. The sweep control is fairly easy to do, too.

If you're thinking about a new wah, Ultimate Wah Thread. Now.

anyone else?...
all the above crybabys you have mentioned are not relatively cheap. if you are willing to spend around $150 for a decent wah go for it (dime is the only wah decent one, the rest are pretty bad imo). i say mod your crybaby and save some $$
it depends on what kind of sound you want. the Wylde wah is a more new heavy metal sound, the slash is a more 80's metal sound, the 535 is kind of weird if you ask me, and the Dime-wah is the most intense and extreme of them all, it realllllly screams and screeches.

i got the dime used for 90 bux. i've seen wyldes and slashes for 100-130, used. the 535 i dunno.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by Kid Fisto
it depends on what kind of sound you want. the Wylde wah is a more new heavy metal sound, the slash is a more 80's metal sound, the 535 is kind of weird if you ask me, and the Dime-wah is the most intense and extreme of them all, it realllllly screams and screeches.

i got the dime used for 90 bux. i've seen wyldes and slashes for 100-130, used. the 535 i dunno.

i dont understand how you come to this conclusion
Quote by TroyMaclure
i dont understand how you come to this conclusion

i played all of 'em at guitar center two weeks ago, all on a Dean ML, into a Crate. i was wondering if they really do house the tone of the artist they're named for, and i found out that they do, to an extent...but i don't think the slash wah is worth the 225 bucks it was selling for, new.

EDIT: wait was that sarcasm?
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
The really good crybaby's were the one made in early 90's IIRC.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!