I've been looking into getting a new cd with some really good bass to listen to. I have listened to some Les Claypool's music before and his bass is incredible. Anyway out of all of his work with any of his bands or side projects, which is his best bass work? I kinda also want good guitar if thats a possibility so I can play along with the bass lines. Thanks in advance.
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .
already a Claypool thread, but yeah hes great. The guitar is really tough for the most part, its either crazy effects or crazy tapping and whatnot.
Quote by J6strings21fret
He did some side work with BucketHead, check it out. I dont remember the album off the top of my head. Google it up.

Colonel Claypools Bucket Of Bernie Brains
yeah. look up les claypool and buckethead on youtube.

those videos are amazing. i love his work with primus.
Yeah I was leaning towards buying that C2B3 album cause I've been watching their videos online for quite some time. But is the album anywhere as good as their live performances?
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .
c2b3 is great and all, but you should listen to Primus. If you have a four string, i'd recommend their first album, Frizzle Fry, because most of it, if not all, is played on a four string.

for a six string, listen to the album Sailing the Seas of Cheese, or Pork Soda.
Quote by J6strings21fret
He did some side work with BucketHead, check it out. I dont remember the album off the top of my head. Google it up.

C2B3 - The big eyeball in the sky.
I would recommend (as i have them all )

Sausage - riddles are abound tonight
Sailing the seas of cheese - primus
Frog brigade - Purple onion (because whamola is on it and it is insane)
Primus is definately his best work. I like Suck on this best.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Thanks guys and I play the guitar by the way not bass I just have a craving for some sick bass.