Do you need to have a special set of bass strings or anything like that if you wanna tune a 5 string to EADGC? Im kinda wondering about the tension causing problems and i hate that detuned low b string sound...
You got a 5 string bass and don't like the B (tuned properly?)
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
I'm in the same boat i tried tuning it up but i ended up snapping a string. So i guess you need a thinner gauge.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
if you want to tune in EADGC i suggest you to buy a EADGC string set they are not very common but i know there are and if you cant find it maybe a 6 string bass set (BEADGC)
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Quote by litus
if you want to tune in EADGC i suggest you to buy a EADGC string set they are not very common but i know there are and if you cant find it maybe a 6 string bass set (BEADGC)

Yeah, it'd be expensive though.

You might need a new nut too.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Quote by La Qotsa
You got a 5 string bass and don't like the B (tuned properly?)

There's no proper way to tune a bass, especially a 5-string. There are standard methods, but not proper methods.

EADGC shouldn't cause a problem. I use it on my 5-string. Of course, that thing is ****ed up so badly that I'm not sure what messed up the truss rod, but if it does mess it up, it should only need a minor adjustment. You might also need a new nut, but personally, I never needed a new one.
buy a standard set and get an individual high C string.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Seriously......you people seriously thought that you could tune a B up 2 1/2 steps to an E without it snapping? I have honestly lost all faith in the future of bass. Buy a C string. Isn't it obvious? Have you ever seen someone decide to tune their E string up to A? No....because it snaps. It's just logical....I mean, don't you guys remember logic? I do.

/rant
Quote by Revelation
buy a standard set and get an individual high C string.

yeah you should that
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400