alright so i love this pedal but when i play with my band and my 6505+ i needa play fairly loud so that i could be heard. The problem is, the level on the pedal cannot be put too far or else i will overload the pedal, for those of you who have this pedal you know that when the overload light turns on it means im getting a distorted signal. I'd like to know if theres a way to fix this problem. Thanks.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
...turn the level down?

u can turn up the master volume can't you? u got a 6505+... it shouldn't be a problem?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Uh... turn the level down a little bit?

I run mine at about 3 o'clock, which gets the OL light to blink a little bit. If you're playing thru a 6505, I don't really understand how a litle more drive would bother you, anyway.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Last edited by slatsmania at Sep 1, 2007,
well i don't use the DMM the whole time, so i need to play to play without it then hit it on and stay at the same volume without getting it to overload.....
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
UG Gain Whore
get a volume knob box or sumtin before your DMM. turn the level on the volume box down, and u can leave the DMM's volume up.

i'm not talking about those attenuator boxes... it's just a volume knob just like one a guitar.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
there has to be another way........
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
If you are running it straight in to the amp try the effects loop. Using pedals in front of the MM, especially distortion or overdrive might not be good. If you already thought of this I apologize. Just my theories. I am obviously not an expert on this pedal.
i am running the pedal in the effects loop, but thanks anyways man. anyone else?
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
Unless the 6505+ has a volume for the send/return on the effects loop you aren't going to be able to get it quiet enough. Usually effect loops are designed to drive rack units so they're set louder, floor pedals tend to get overloaded because they're used to a much lower signal.
hmm^ alright thanks man.
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore