I really want to add this to my collection but i have a lack of experience with teles, i mainly like to play metal style, do you think since this guitar has 60 (neck) 81 (bridge) active EMG's this would be a good guitar for metal? Thanks
Attachments:
jim.png
Yeah, tis EMG's and theyre active, so thatll give you nice chugging rhythms and great distortion metal tones.
Do you want it because Jim Root's name is on it or do you want it because you like the Tele+EMG look? How much are you willing to spend on a guitar, because I think you could do a lot better in that range.
Quote by minibrowny
Yeah, tis EMG's and theyre active, so thatll give you nice chugging rhythms and great distortion metal tones.

Please tell me that was sarcasm .

I agree with the guy above me, there are probably better guitars in that range.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
i do really like the look, the combination of the tele and EMG's is different and i like that bout it. it dont hurt to have the jim root name either, what others did u guys have in mind if there is better? thanks
It looks like it would be a pretty cool guitar. Has mahogany body and ebony fretboard and EMGs so it will be a metal machine. Never played one but I'd like to.

You probably can do better though. If you like the look of Teles but want a 'metal' Tele I would suggest the Schecter PT Blackjack. I got one and it's a really good guitar for the money. Comeswith great hardware etc. like all Schecters. But I hate the stock pickups but it's a lot cheaper than the Jim Root Tele so you can put in any pickups you want really.
Quote by SupremeACL
Please tell me that was sarcasm .

I agree with the guy above me, there are probably better guitars in that range.

What the Fulk? You are being sarcastic on good metal pickups when you are rolling with a spider? For shame, Active EMGs are very popular for metal because they do it well, hundreds of thousands of metal guitarists agree, and yeah that looks a very nice guitar! It would be great for metal, it should play nicer than most metal guitars too!
Diezel, Motherfucker