Page 1 of 3
My moms going to camp with my other mom and well I dont want to go because I have really bad anexity attacks, and im not comfortable eating infront of my stepmoms parents. Like theyre grandparents to me, but its just the whole anexity thing.
anyways
so i want to convince my mom to let me stay home for two nights alone. Im not a bad kid and she knows I wouldnt like have a party, but she wont let me I guess she thinks I'm too young. Im 17 now and I think I should be okay. My mom is very concerned about her only daughter/child so she has the right..
anyways how do I convince her? and do you stay home alone, and if so whats your age?
Tell her, "GOD DAMN IT MOM! I'M EIGHTEEN NOW!"

Even if you're not.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I'm 17 and I'm usually home alone.

Just try reasoning with her, and if she still disagrees, see if you can stay at a friends house.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
^AHAHAHAH!!

No, wait.. wait.. Just tell her you've already gotten pregnant and gotten the problem taken care of before without her even knowing about it.. Therefore, you're capable of handling any problem that may come up while she's away.

And I'm not allowed to stay home alone by myself.. And I don't live with my parents.. I have room mates who don't trust me to be by myself.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

my parents went away for a weekend and left me home by myself, and im 16. they totally trusted me, but i had a huge party while they were gone, they dont know that tho........................................

shhhh!
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
Quote by x/taluha
My moms going to camp with my other mom and well I dont want to go because I have really bad anexity attacks, and im not comfortable eating infront of my stepmoms parents. Like theyre grandparents to me, but its just the whole anexity thing.
anyways
so i want to convince my mom to let me stay home for two nights alone. Im not a bad kid and she knows I wouldnt like have a party, but she wont let me I guess she thinks I'm too young. Im 17 now and I think I should be okay. My mom is very concerned about her only daughter/child so she has the right..
anyways how do I convince her? and do you stay home alone, and if so whats your age?

just tell her you just cant sleep without your own bed if you want an excuse

and you should probably tell her about the anxiety attacks, its true, it should have weight

my parents luckily arent so overprotective, and leave me home a lot, with their liquor cabinet unlocked
Quote by TeXaS_db
my parents went away for a weekend and left me home by myself, and im 16. they totally trusted me, but i had a huge party while they were gone, they dont know that tho.

We Missourians are likely to do that, aren't we?
Quote by vintage x metal

Don't how to convince her, but i stay home alone for many hours in the day (and the odd night) as my mum works alot. I'm 18 and its been that way since i've been 14.
It's gonna be a blue day
Quote by Jack Off Jill
We Missourians are likely to do that, aren't we?
hell ya!
My Music
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Danelectro Daddy-O
Im 20 and I dont have that problem.

I just say "Bitch, stay in the kitchen we aint going to no god darn camp" to which my father congratulates me on my woman control.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
my parents let me stay home but the longest theyve left me for is frickin day.....so not much time to do anything....im 13
Quote by Invader Jim

I am so glad this is a multiple choice poll because I want to personally kill all of them. You get a GOLD STAR!

^ i have a gold star from a homicidal maniac!
I turned 18 in february, and my parents are currently on a 1 month trip in france, last year they left for two and a half weeks and I was left home alone

If you are a trustfull person and you don't **** things up so you mom knows about it, it'l be easy to convince her
...And the worms ate into his brain.
Last edited by EirikFtw at Sep 1, 2007,
Quote by _Mayday_
Don't even read anyone else's advice.

I'd hit it.
Quote by vintage x metal

I stayed at home for 4 nights and I'm 16. Go figure.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by x/taluha
My moms going to camp with my other mom

Two moms?

Sweet.

No offense. I've just always thought that was cool.

And, yea, just kind of stand up to her. Don't be overly forceful, but have a commanding attitude. Get your point across, and make sure she understands where you're coming from.

And if that fails, then I don't know what. =/

EDIT: But, yea, my mom trusts me completely. And for good reason. I haven't done anything crazy, I don't plan on doing anything crazy, and my grandmother's always here, and I have to take care of her some.

And it's not like I have friends that can always come over and throw some party or something.

What do you take me for? A popular person?
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Last edited by fallenangel20 at Sep 1, 2007,
My mom let me stay home alone for consecutive nights when I was 14, occasionally with my brother. She always thought of me as an odd child, and never really worried about parties or anything. (For the record, she was right, I've never been the type.)
My advice to you, TS, just discuss it with her in a mature way, or what you COULD do is go on the trip, and purposefully injure yourself or make yourself ill, (in a non-life-threatening way, obviously) so that way, next time she tries to drag you on a similar excursion, you can just go "Remember last time you made me go, I got scurvey?"
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
Really?
I'm thirteen and my Dad goes out weekends.
Anyhow, brown nose her like a badboy.
She'll feel compelled to.
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!
im 18, and my parents just came home from 2 weeks in Greece.. so i was home alone in 2 weeks
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
Nope. Why? Because i have my own place
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
I hardly see my parents, I'm 17. Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one living in my house.
[Sig goes here]
17!? That's plenty old.

What could possibly, honestly have her not trust you...?
maybe she just wants you to go.
i think you'll have to explain why you shouldn't go and why you should stay.
i'm 17, currently on probation and i can stay home alone for as long as i like. it's been that way for about 2 years
I'm allowed to saty home alone since I were 8 I think, might have been sooner.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
I'm 18 and my parents let me have the house to myself for two weeks, and last year one week. It was surprisingly boring.
lol?

ive been staying home alone since i was 13... just keep the doors locked and keep a couple lights on and the tv so it looks like someone else is home as well... nothing beat being home alone... walking around the house naked...

watching tv naked....

cooking naked...
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by C.C. Deville
lol?

cooking naked...
if u do that dont fry anything or cook bacon.

bad experience
My Music
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Danelectro Daddy-O
i'm 17 and my parents just got back from a week in cornwall and in april they spent a week in tunisia while i was left home all on my own. aslong as you know how to cook and you know the emergancy services number then you will be fine for 2 nights
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by TeXaS_db
if u do that dont fry anything or cook bacon.

bad experience

yeah i know, happened to me too =( grease popped and landed there ='( so now i wear a mini oven mit for protection
Quote by C.C. Deville
yeah i know, happened to me too =( grease popped and landed there ='( so now i wear a mini oven mit for protection

good idea

edit: o and y a mini oven mit
My Music
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Danelectro Daddy-O
Last edited by TeXaS_db at Sep 1, 2007,
Start fires in front of your mother and then put them out to prove that you're responsible enough to handle danger.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by C.C. Deville

I would of thought youd of worn a standard oven mit.
Quote by Aldenté
I would of thought youd of worn a standard oven mit.

nah, im not an egotistical jerk who thinks he has the biggest dick in the world,
and thats just how awesome i am, arent i great?

you see what i did there?
Quote by C.C. Deville
nah, im not an egotistical jerk who thinks he has the biggest dick in the world,
and thats just how awesome i am, arent i great?

you see what i did there?

Page 1 of 3