So I was up at the local music shop getting some strings and I saw this new Jimi Hendrix wah pedal. It was only $70 and the guy offered to throw in a free patch cable. I couldn't pass it up so I bought it and brought it home. I checked the side of it for polarity and what type of current it needs. I checked my power supplies at home and found one that met the requirements. 9v DC with pos on the outside and neg on the inside.

Excitedly I plug it all in and start to play. Nothing coming out of the wah except clean guitar. I play around with the wah up and down to see if anything is coming out and nothing is. I unplug it and find a new 9v battery I had and installed that. Again I try to get the sucker to work and nothing. I started sniffing it to see if it smelled burned up and it doesnt. No smell of burning electronics so thats good.

I took the thing apart and removed the circuit board and inspected it top to bottom and nothing looks burned, shorted, broken, or anything bad at all on it. I checked the pot and it seems to be working. Everything seems to be working ok except it doesn't.

I take it back to the store, the same one that i've gone to for about 2 years now to talk to the guy about it and he wasn't there. I ask if I can return it and they decided to tell me theres a no refund policy. I asked if I could get a store credit and they declined.

Now i'm out $70, Ive got a pedal that doesn't seem to work, and i'm in a bad mood.

I can't believe I got burned by a shop that I go to all the friggn time. I guess thats what I get for buying a $120 pedal for $70....
Why brag about my gear? I have better than some and others have better than me. Who cares? It works for me.
Raise hell....if you just take everything they say like that, ofcourse they'll just rape you like that.

Show you're angry, tell them they sold you a broken pedal, and demand your money back. It will work.

And a store can't have a NO REFUND policy....it's against the law.
Are you sure you turned the wah on? Press it all the way forward until you hear a click. Make sure the cables are in right as well.
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
Raise hell....if you just take everything they say like that, ofcourse they'll just rape you like that.

Show you're angry, tell them they sold you a broken pedal, and demand your money back. It will work.

to be fair he has already took it apart, that could **** the warrenty
you know its against consumer rights to have No Credit policy!

No refund poilicy isnt illigal. but No store credit??!!

I would threaten to take them to the small claims court! You will either get your money back or win easily in court and get like $2,500!
Eh They closed now I was pretty pissed off in there and they were apparently stoned.

Taking it apart, I was careful not to marr the screw heads, I used a small jewlers screwdriver and there was no tamper-strips or whatever inside of it to see that it was opened.

I believe it was on, all the cables were firmly plugged in. I even manually pushed the button on the pedal. I worked it up and down a few times, changed the battery, changed power supplies. It doesn't seem to respond to anything I do.
Why brag about my gear? I have better than some and others have better than me. Who cares? It works for me.
^READ THE POST BY ME AND IBANEZ ABOUT THE ILLEGAL SIDE OF IT.

And thats only company warrenty anyway I believe, not shop warrenty because they rarely do shop warrentys!
I didn't try it out because i've bought stuff from there before with no problems. Stupid on my part, but I guess I was too comfortable with the shop. I don't think they're opened tomorrow or Monday but I can probably go there on Tuesday and just talk to the guy I always deal with. If he won't do anything i'll probably just start bitching and complaining and reminding them about the thousands of dollars ive spent with them and how many thousands more i'll just invest somewhere else.
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!

BAM! Just raise the issue with the guy who served you and if you have no avail, kick off. Big time. Yelling your ass off, telling other customers what they did to you. They'll soon try to calm you down and sort things out.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Ganjrockr
Eh They closed now I was pretty pissed off in there and they were apparently stoned.

Taking it apart, I was careful not to marr the screw heads, I used a small jewlers screwdriver and there was no tamper-strips or whatever inside of it to see that it was opened.

I believe it was on, all the cables were firmly plugged in. I even manually pushed the button on the pedal. I worked it up and down a few times, changed the battery, changed power supplies. It doesn't seem to respond to anything I do.

Who's idea was tamper strips anyway? You have to open it to see them which would void the warranty and prove nothing...

I'm just randomly ranting without knowing the facts, don't worry.
you could sit outside the shop with a sign explaining what they did. and a basket for people to donate for you to get your $70 back. they'll probably refund you.
Wait... you get clean sound out of the wah all the time? There's nothing that could be broken other than the switch, in that case. Have you pressed the switch all the way down until you hear a click?
Quote by Ganjrockr
I didn't try it out because i've bought stuff from there before with no problems. Stupid on my part, but I guess I was too comfortable with the shop. I don't think they're opened tomorrow or Monday but I can probably go there on Tuesday and just talk to the guy I always deal with. If he won't do anything i'll probably just start bitching and complaining and reminding them about the thousands of dollars ive spent with them and how many thousands more i'll just invest somewhere else.

did you happen to use a CC? You can usually get them to reverse the charges for fraudulent merchendise, most have a purchase protection benifit. I would ask to speak to a manager when you go back too. If you're a regular customer, they should want to keep your business.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Hmm I decided to take it apart and inspect it again. I took the push button switch out of the case to look at it and I noticed there was a little rust on it. It only seemed to want to push in and out with a spring action. I kind of crammed it down really hard and I heard a click. I sprayed a little wd40 on the button and clicked it a few more times and now it clicks relatively easily. I plugged it back in and tried it. It works.

Wow, I have to be the stupidest person i've met all day.
Its hard to think straight when you just got a new toy and it doesn't work. You are not stupid. Stupid would be going back to a store where you trade regularly and they treat you right and bitching them out over a lousy $70 pedal. Its a good thing you found it and they were closed. Gave you time to cool off and think.
I love these threads, every time it is "really, I tried everything!", until suddenly they realize that they have to click it. Don't worry about it though, I had no idea either the first time I had it. They make the button so damn hard to push on crybaby's and such, especially compared the budwah and such.

Have fun wah'ing about.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi