I'm finding it impossible to play licks on the upper part of the fretboard, like above the 17th fret. How should I get better at this?
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
thats where we usually play solos

learn a few mainly classic rock ones btw
they use the high frets a lot

realy the only song that goes close to that high is sweet child o mine
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold

your contradicting yourself.
But classic rock usually plays lower on the fretboard, because people back then were obsessed with blues.
just practice playing on the higher frets, don't try to play any particular lick, just run up a scale very slowly see what your doing wrong and fix it.
also try this

e--------------------16h21h16
B----------------14--------------14
g------------15----------------------15
D--------14-------------------------------14
A-----15---------------------------------------15
E--17-----------------------------------------------17

you can sweep it or pick it if you want

and

e------------------------------------------------17-20
B-----------------------------------------17-20
g------------------------------17-19-20
D----------------------17-19
A-----------17-18-19
E17-19-20

modified blues scle lol
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
Yeah, just cause there's less tension higher up the fretboard that you're probably not used to. I do find it hard to bend the high e string at like the 21+ fret and still get a good tone though. I need to practise too.
Quote by someguitarguy88
Yeah i figured out i had herpes thanks to wikipedia!
Quote by Truism
Yeah, just cause there's less tension higher up the fretboard that you're probably not used to. I do find it hard to bend the high e string at like the 21+ fret and still get a good tone though. I need to practise too.

No, its just the size that throws me off. Thanks for the help so far, d00ds.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
The fret spaces are too small for your fingers? Just try playing slowly pentatonics around that area keep ascending them. Hope that works.
Try to lighten your pressure? I find that if I just barely tap/touch the higher frets, I can reach them with ease like if I was playing around the 10th fret. This works especially well if you are sweeping and tapping around the 20th fret, things like that. If that doesnt work, always make sure you are hitting the frets right behind the fret bar, because if you hit it in the middle you might get the lower note instead or you might get a dead note
Quote by insideac
Try to lighten your pressure? I find that if I just barely tap/touch the higher frets, I can reach them with ease like if I was playing around the 10th fret. This works especially well if you are sweeping and tapping around the 20th fret, things like that. If that doesnt work, always make sure you are hitting the frets right behind the fret bar, because if you hit it in the middle you might get the lower note instead or you might get a dead note

My finger takes up the whole fret lol.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

Well basically any AC/DC, Van Halen, Metallica, or Ozzy solo.
Corona Corona