I plan on buying a decent looking guitar and replacing the stock pickups to Active EMG 81(B) & 85(N), but first I need to find a fairly priced guitar with nice quality body and looks wise.

I don't really have a budget but I'm trying to get what I want cheap as possible without sacrificing quality

ones I've felt and played with

ESP M-200FM Electric Guitar
Black Model

ESP LTD MH-250NT Electric Guitar

Ibanez RG2EX1 Electric Guitar
Black Model

Ibanez RG3EXQM1 Quilted Maple Top Electric Guitar

any suggestions or other guitars?
Last edited by hardcoredarrell at Sep 1, 2007,
Those four, with EMG's swapped in, would make great hard rock/metal guitars. My Ibanezes are solid, reliable guitars, and I've never played an ESP that felt less than. Keep looking, but any of those four would probably be what you're looking for.

Just an idea...ESP and Ibanez both make $200 guitars with decent bodies and necks...if you plan on swapping out the pu's anyway, and don't mind flat black...just a poor man's musing.
stay away from the first one. esp ltd guitars are only good 400 series or above, for the trem mainly that is. the lower end models have real bad LFR. the string through one i personally think is very decent.
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
stay away from the first one. esp ltd guitars are only good 400 series or above, for the trem mainly that is. the lower end models have real bad LFR. the string through one i personally think is very decent.

ahhh, I see, I don't really use the tremmolo bar or even change out of Drop B tuning...I just like how tremolo bridges feel for palm muting but the Ibanez Fixed bridges are just as good for my preference...

Quote by the.spine.surfs
Those four, with EMG's swapped in, would make great hard rock/metal guitars. My Ibanezes are solid, reliable guitars, and I've never played an ESP that felt less than. Keep looking, but any of those four would probably be what you're looking for.

Just an idea...ESP and Ibanez both make $200 guitars with decent bodies and necks...if you plan on swapping out the pu's anyway, and don't mind flat black...just a poor man's musing.

yeah, I've looked at those, but like the Ibanez's I have picked

but now my delemah Ibanez or ESP??
do you already have the emg's? what's your rough budget? what's your amp?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
do you already have the emg's? what's your rough budget? what's your amp?

yes I already have the EMG's 81 & 85 ordered and I have the RolandCube60 for home use, and no real budget however, trying to get the best deal of getting a good guitar that has remake pickups which I can change out,

but anything 300 to 400 seems like nice guitars to change pickups to the emgs I have ordered

I need some suggestions
arg. i was just going to say if you hadn't ordered the emg's yet you may be able to find something with emg's stock for the same price...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
arg. i was just going to say if you hadn't ordered the emg's yet you may be able to find something with emg's stock for the same price...

yeah but those don't have color choices all the time and don't have as cool looking body thats one problem haha, then again its not the money to me its how it looks and performs

Anyone have any suggestions??