Page 1 of 3
I searched around trying to find a thread on them but I couldn't find an "official" thread on them. (If there is, then the search bar really isn't doing much for me)

So...I seriously love them. There's just something incredibely unique about them. Karen's voice is so beautiful and RAW. I love her screams and I love her melodic and soothing voice. In fact, she's my main inspiration on the way I sing.

The first time I heard them, I thought they sounded like an...artsy band. You know?

I can "see" colors when I'm listening to their songs like art star and y-control.

Anyways, are there any fans here?

BTW I just found this song and I'm currently in love with it.

"Let Me Know" - http://youtube.com/watch?v=VFdH1KhfNyk

oh and...if you guys have the tab for that I'll love you. (I am terrible at figuring it out by ear )
They're pretty good. One of the first bands that I started listening to when I first really started to get into music. They've endured for me. I've grown out of them, but I might listen to them once in a while and still get a kick out of their stuff.

They kicked ass at Coachella in 2006.

Last edited by DorkusMalorkus at Sep 1, 2007,
the yyys are quite spectacular, although i haven't listened to them much lately.
fever to tell is an outstanding album.

from my one listen of the new ep it is also quite good.
I like them alot, I'd love to see them live at some point. The Is Is EP is awesome, I especially love 10X10., and Fever to Tell is one of my personal top 10 records.
Member of the Invisible Children club
Learn More
Member of the "I love METRIC" fan club. PM if Metric loves you.
yeah theyre a really decent band

karen o looks such a dirty bitch haha
They're brilliant. They've got to be my favourite band since...Jesus, since John Lennon died. Maybe since The Beatles and Cream broke in 1970.

By the way, I'm having a ton of trouble learning some of the songs, because the tabs are inadequate, and I look to videos for help, but what Zinner's playing doesn't look remotely like the tabs.

Does anyone know if he uses nonstandard tunings?
Can't stop the signal.
I liked them when I first heard a few of their songs, but they seem to have a very, uh... consistant sound, to put it lightly. I don't hear much variation.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
They're not bad, but not too great either. They need them some bass.
I absolutely love Yeah Yeah Yeahs. They're indescribably deck.

I aspire to be Karen O one day.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Quote by Purnin
They're not bad, but not too great either. They need them some bass.

No they don't.
666 BRO
I saw them live and it was incredibly disappointing. I actually walked away after like five songs...

Unfortunate because the recordings are very interesting.
I highly recommend that everyone interested in making money online join this site.

<3
Quote by zian615
I saw them live and it was incredibly disappointing. I actually walked away after like five songs...

Unfortunate because the recordings are very interesting.

from my understanding they are either really on or really really off.
they played here a few months ago, but the the veils were playing a tiny bar a block down, and i decided to go to that.
Ive only just been introduced to them and by far and away my fav song is gold lion
from wat ive seen karen's ****in quality live
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
I love them, they absolutely rock!!!

They're easy on your ears and you can never get bored of listening to them!
^ Get Fever to Tell, although both of the albums are great.
It's gonna be a blue day
I'm listening to Karen O's voice again...
ANd i'm in love once again!!!!

I love Yeah Yeah Yeahs!!!
And so i need to revive this thread!!!!!
Fever to tell is an immense album
Date with the night and Y control are probably my favourite
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
I love most of their stuff...
Currently listening to the Is Is EP.
Its brilliant!!!
All the songs are brilliant...

But my favorites would be.... Y Control, Down Boy, Kiss Kiss, Fancy, Way Out, Phenomenon, Cheated Hearts, Dudley, Warrior (this one is awesome!).

I love the Show Your Bones album...
Quote by thewho65
I like a lot of their songs but I have yet to buy any albums of theirs

same here

amazing though. I've never heard anything of them being band live though =\
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by mikko_9119
same here

amazing though. I've never heard anything of them being band live though =\

Get Show Your Bones or Fever to Tell.
Both are absolutely amazing albums!!
I must see them live.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by stepco12345
Fever To Tell is an awesome album.

And i'm in love with Pin!!!
bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam
duhduh, duhduh, duhduh, duhduh!!!
I've only got Fever To Tell. Which should I buy next?

EDIT: I love the damn album, too.
Quote by steve_muse
I've only got Fever To Tell. Which should I buy next?

EDIT: I love the damn album, too.

Considering they only released two proper albums, Show Your Bones is what you should go for next!
Its got some really cool tracks like Fancy, Phenomenon, Cheated Hearts, Sweets, Warrior and basically the whole album rocks! If you liked Fever To Tell, Show your Bones sure won't disappoint you.
Brilliant band-I wanted to cover gold lion with my band but the drummer got sick of the drum beat-to boring..I luv that track...ders loads of other great tracks tho....Awesome band!!!!!
www.street-dogs.com
www.randytheband.com
www.maroonhate.com
The self-titled EP is probably the best. Fever To Tell has some ace tracks on it but it's not as good as their first release. Simiarly, the second album I found a bit of a let down. They definitely have a sound, and it's very distinctive, but not too varied.

Despite this, Nick Zinner is a highly inventive guitarist, especially when it comes to looping and filling out the low end of the sound.

To the person who asked about his tunings; he plays almost entirely in fifths and all of his strings are tuned to either E or B, save for Y-Control which has the bottom string tuned down to C.
Their Is Is EP is pretty good too. With songs like Down Boy and Kiss Kiss.
Sure their music is not very varied but well, it doesn't matter cuz they're brilliant with what they do!
Page 1 of 3