Hey guys, been a lurker for awhile and decided to join today to ask a question. I have an Epi LP standard that I run through a ds-1, metal zone (1 distortion or the other depending on whats being played), ce-5 chorus ensemble, and vox v847, and a marshall mg100dfx.

A problem i've had recently is when playing at band practices with the master volume around 5-6 i get a TON of feedback if i stop playing. I've also noticed it usually only happens when im using the metal zone. I even had this problem at a gig where the feedback level was awful.

I'm sure most of you will say the problem is owning a mg haha, but what are some possible amp settings, noise gates, etc that i could use to cut most of that noise?
Make sure nothing is jacked up on full have at around the 8 mark.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
On the metal zone, tone down the high end EQ and bring down the gain a little bit at a time. Combine the two til you get the sound you want.

Also - stand further away from the amp - try the setup with another guitar - lower the volume on the metal zone.
High settings on the MZ plus the MG make your rig prone to feed back. Turn down distortion and/or volume and stay away from the front of the amp. The smaller the room usually the worse the feedback. Natural reverbration from brick or concrete walls will worsen the problem.
thanks guys, turned down the mz level, and the gain on the amp and the feedback was much better.
Distortion pedals sound like crap on the distortion channels of solid state, either use them on the clean channel or use the amps distortion....don't use both.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
yeah i only use pedals with the clean channel. i occasionaly use the OD on the amp as a boost to the ds-1 but that takes a lot of adjusting and usually doesn't sound that great
Quote by steven seagull
Distortion pedals sound like crap on the distortion channels of solid state, either use them on the clean channel or use the amps distortion....don't use both.

+1 This is a vital piece of advice right here.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
there could be several problems