hi alll ive been playing for about 4 years now i own 2 7 string guitars and i need and amp that will play Black metal (emperor Mayhem Old Behemoth older cradle of filth Algion Dimmu Borgir ect...) and good Death Metal (newer Behemoth Katalysm Decide Cannibal Corpse Death ect....) my price is about 400-500 US Dollars itt can be a combo a small tube amp what ever just need some help as my ****ty ****ing MG sucks ass thanks in advance
ROLAND CUBE 60 or any roland cube distortion is major wankage and pedals work fine with it

[edit] by wankage i mean its so could i could wank over it
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
9 out of 10 people that will post in this thread will recommend a used Peavey 5150...

...I, of course, am no exception. Look for a used Peavey 5150.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
how much is a used5150 and is a combo or a head? id be lucky to get 500 as im olny 16 at the momemnt so 400 would be better
Quote by BMGuru
how much is a used5150 and is a combo or a head? id be lucky to get 500 as im olny 16 at the momemnt so 400 would be better

Check Ebay, I've seen used 5150 heads go for as cheap as $350 (I think), though not including postage. You'll have to get a cab aswell but you should be able to pick one up cheap from somewhere like Avatar.

It really would be worth saving up for one though, there's not much in that price range that could compare to a 5150.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
does anyone think Hughes and Kettner are good i tried a warp 7 and it sounded decent at 395$ also can the MG30dfx maybe be made to sound better with a petal? also how low could maybe a 30 Watt All tube be gotten for and how low do Crate Blue Vodoos Go for ive tried one of my firends and i like it i belive it was the BV120
You could find a used B-52 AT-112. Its 60 watts tube and is supposed to be like a budget mesa, even though it wont sound as nice. Should be high gain enough. They go for 550 new so you should be able to get one for 400 used.
sweet ill look into those 3 (cube 5150 and b52) more arestill welcome
roland cube or peavey 5150

Originally Posted by .smudged.
cook with semen everybody's doing it

Retards
Attempting
Poetry

Quote by PaintOurSilence
If you want to get really sick go to a nearby subway station and lick the walls or maybe a homeless man or two .
+1 for the 5150
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Peavy 6505. Head and Cab. That's what most hard thrash/metal/death metal guitarists are going with these days. I had a 5150, it was getting kinda old so I traded it in on the 6505. Mod the cab. with some tone tubbie speakers and it will make you sperm in your pants. It just doesn't get any better. Trust me on this.
Sorry, I just re-read your post, this set up would cost $2,500 US. I thougt you wanted to know what was best, not afford. Roland Cube 60 with a Digi Metal Master pedal or a EH Metal Muff on clean channel. That's awesome sound for cheap. That's my practice (house) set up.
Last edited by TheEsupremacy at Sep 2, 2007,
Find a guy with a Diezel VH4, get him really really reallly drunk, and offer him $400 for it.

Being more serious, an amp I used to own that seemed to cover the metal genre in it's entirety (quite well actually) was an old Ampeg VL-502. All of the VL's are relatively inexpensive these days and they have nifty features like cathode bias and a built in attenuator.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Last edited by Kendall at Sep 2, 2007,