I am supposed to write a position paper on whether or not you should be able to sell your own body organs. I thought it was and interesting and debatable topic so whats your opinion ug?

In my opinion I think you should be able to just because its your and you should be able to do what you want with your body.
in my book, selling an organ is immoral... but donating is perfectly fine
I see no sign of fortress.
i'll sell you one of my livers for £500...
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Selling one for a person to live or selling them for science?

Quote by irongoat666
i'll sell you one of my livers for £500...

Well my dead aunt would've loved that....
Quote by Joshrocker48

it didnt say what it was for, but i think its more on the view of is it moral to sell your body parts for money
Quote by Joshrocker48

Well my dead aunt would've loved that....

i didn't mean to offend, i'm sorry
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Quote by Led Pepplin

Go buy a Liver from the Supermarket and sell it for $1000. = Perfect crime
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by Dirge Humani
I hope you are aware that you have only one liver...you could sell a piece of it, but not all of it.

yes i am aware of that i'm not as stupid as i look! (which is exactly why you'll never see a picture of me in the only pic thread, i look damn stupid)

Quote by Led Pepplin

I dunno, I'd say it's immoral to make money by selling something you have so somebody else can live. In an ideal world people would be willing to just donate for free to save lives, but you can make a lot of money out of it and people are greedy. Plus with the risks involved it's natural to want some sort of compensation, as it were. But I'd rather donate an organ than sell it.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by RockFreak000
ill sell my penis for a fender strat

you got yourself a deal

on topic though, it is kind of a tough question. it is your body, and you should be able to do whatever you want with it - and if people are willing to buy then that is fair enough. but personally i couldn't do that, i just couldn't charge someone for something that could mean the difference between life or death. whether i would be selling it to an individual or for medical research.

Quote by Led Pepplin

Quote by Dinkydaisy
I dunno, I'd say it's immoral to make money by selling something you have so somebody else can live. In an ideal world people would be willing to just donate for free to save lives, but you can make a lot of money out of it and people are greedy. Plus with the risks involved it's natural to want some sort of compensation, as it were. But I'd rather donate an organ than sell it.

Exactly.

Quote by RockFreak000
ill sell my penis for a fender strat

The man has his priorities but seriously...that for a strat?

Quote by irongoat666
i didn't mean to offend, i'm sorry

I'm just messing with you
Quote by Joshrocker48

I'm just messing with you

i knew that, obvsiously......

Quote by Led Pepplin

No. Tell them to get an organ donor card.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
... who are you to tell me what to do...
Portsmouth Football Club: Exterminating Midlands filth since 1898
On the back of your drivers license in canada you can choose whether or not you want to donate your organs for the benefit of others when you die. I think its a good thing, might as well save someone elses life.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by justin_fraser
On the back of your drivers license in canada you can choose whether or not you want to donate your organs for the benefit of others when you die. I think its a good thing, might as well save someone elses life.

it's the same in the uk. i've applied to be an organ donor on my drivers licence application, i just haven't sent away for it yet

Quote by Led Pepplin

Unfortunately you need to be eighteen to get an organ donor card without parental permision. It's a pain, because I'd happily carry one, but my parents don't like the thought of being at a funeral knowing that the body of their daughter is there with her organs and eyes removed =/

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by Dinkydaisy
Unfortunately you need to be eighteen to get an organ donor card without parental permision. It's a pain, because I'd happily carry one, but my parents don't like the thought of being at a funeral knowing that the body of their daughter is there with her organs and eyes removed =/

Seems a bit silly. Partly because they don't always take all your organs, the chances of you ever being in a position to donate organs is quite low anyway, it isn't their damn choice and finally because...well why have attachment to someone's dead body? It's not them any more.

Bah. Feeble humans and your silly emotions.

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
Seems a bit silly. Partly because they don't always take all your organs, the chances of you ever being in a position to donate organs is quite low anyway, it isn't their damn choice and finally because...well why have attachment to someone's dead body? It's not them any more.

Bah. Feeble humans and your silly emotions.

Bah, what are you, if not a man?

/me waits for answer along the lines of 'some supreme being'

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by Dinkydaisy
Bah, what are you, if not a man?

/me waits for answer along the lines of 'some supreme being'

Emotionless and dead inside?

Oscar Wilde
Seriously, what are you going to do 10 years down the track when they've figured out how to revive the dead and you're sitting there missing your vital organs. How unfortunate.
Quote by chillininfl
dude, you don't even deserve her. women deserve respect. not rights, but respect. =]
Quote by GiantRaven
Having absolutely no body hair streamlines you. Means you can play guitar faster