So my friend is really into this chick i have been playing wingman for him. The chick i have been wingmaning is kinda a butter and is someone that i normally wouldnt hook up with. My question is if it is ok for me to lower my standard for this chick because i am playing wingman for my friend. what do you guys think.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
that's what a wingman does...the idea is that you take a hit for him and he will, when the time comes, take the hit for you
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
count seanula go back to your mothers womb and come back when... nevermind dont come back
Quote by joshua029
a real guitarist would grow a 3rd arm and play that...
You don't actually have to hook up with her... you can just chat away... hell, you don't even have to play her or anything... most people are actually kinda cool once you get to know them.
You could also keep her busy getting her to buy you stuff
Quote by BloodyK13
count seanula go back to your mothers womb and come back when... nevermind dont come back

Leave Sean alone! Here in Billingham we don't play games. Dude meets gal. boom they go. We basically fend for ourselves when it comes to women.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
Quote by paulvxD
If you're a wingman you're not supposed to hook up with that girl. You're supposed to help your friend get with that girl

Relationship is that way n00b --> https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=636057
you obviously don't know what a wingman is...and this isn't a relationship question

a wingman is basically someone who helps their friend to get with a girl by spending time with the girls friend...the problem is that often the friend is "not very easy on the eyes"...but the hope is that when the situation is reversed your friend will return the favor...

i had trouble explaining it but i hope that makes sense
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

yeah, what is a wingman?
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Quote by julio1987
You don't actually have to hook up with her... you can just chat away... hell, you don't even have to play her or anything... most people are actually kinda cool once you get to know them.
You could also keep her busy getting her to buy you stuff

what im saying is that i really need a piece of ass, and i dont really have time to chat up some other chick aswell as the chick i am wingmaning.

and yeah my friend said he would totally return the favor when i need it.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
what im saying is that i really need a piece of ass, and i dont really have time to chat up some other chick aswell as the chick i am wingmaning.
it's a system...if you help him out this time....next time he'll have to help you out...
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by RageAgainst...
you obviously don't know what a wingman is...and this isn't a relationship question

a wingman is basically someone who helps their friend to get with a girl by spending time with the girls friend...the problem is that often the friend is "not very easy on the eyes"...but the hope is that when the situation is reversed your friend will return the favor...

so guy who likes the chick tells you to hang out with friend so you so friend can hang out with you and the chick's friend so the chick comes along, and the chick, in essence, hangs out with the guy you're wingmaning for?
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Oh well, the way and people I know, it means a friend who goes along with his friend to help the guy out on the date
Quote by cashewchaching
so guy who likes the chick tells you to hang out with friend so you so friend can hang out with you and the chick's friend so the chick comes along, and the chick, in essence, hangs out with the guy you're wingmaning for?
i hope i didn't make it that confusing...it's just so that the guy can get to be alone with the girl he's after since you're with her friend

edit:^no, that's called a third wheel...wingman is for clubs/bars etc where you're meeting girls
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Piss off your friend massively and take his hotter chick. Best way to go.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by PastaOfMuppets
Is this about Top Gun?

lol
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
Quote by BloodyK13

And the point in that was
Quote by NoLaurelTree000

and yeah my friend said he would totally return the favor when i need it.

Wingmanned Girl buys you bling
Impress some hot girl with your new bling
Hot girl sexually heals you
You win.

My plan is flawless.

Also, doesn't it ever occur to you that she could be wingwomanning you? That'd be some weird stuff
Quote by RageAgainst...

Meh. I played wingman. My asshole friend didn't return the favor.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by Das_Skittles
Meh. I played wingman. My asshole friend didn't return the favor.
if that happens you reserve the right to kick his ass...
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Yes. In fact, when you are acting as wingman for your buddy, it's probably wrong to have ANY standards except ones regarding your buddy's targets.

I actually wrote a rulebook on Wingmanning 101.

Edit: I didn't read the entire post.

What? Your job isn't to hook up with the chick. Your job is to start conversations for your pilot, make him seem like he's the man, and ultimately make the job easier for him. I don't know what you're doing, chief.

If you're even thinking about getting with a chick that's been designated for your pilot, your manhood should be revoked, and your testicles should be removed. Come on, step it up.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Last edited by Sonicxlover at Sep 1, 2007,
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
So my friend is really into this chick i have been playing wingman for him. The chick i have been wingmaning is kinda a butter and is someone that i normally wouldnt hook up with. My question is if it is ok for me to lower my standard for this chick because i am playing wingman for my friend. what do you guys think.

You don't strictly have to hook with the other girl. However, you do have to do everything you can in order to get your friend in with his chick. If that means hooking up with the ugly girl, so be it.

It's the job a wingman; you pay it up in the knowledge that you'll be repaid in the same way later on.
Quote by RageAgainst...

couldnt really have been put better
Quote by Slinov
i love you

I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
Quote by Sonicxlover
Yes. In fact, when you are acting as wingman for your buddy, it's probably wrong to have ANY standards except ones regarding your buddy's targets.

I actually wrote a rulebook on Wingmanning 101.

Edit: I didn't read the entire post.

What? Your job isn't to hook up with the chick. Your job is to start conversations for your pilot, make him seem like he's the man, and ultimately make the job easier for him. I don't know what you're doing, chief.

If you're even thinking about getting with a chick that's been designated for your pilot, your manhood should be revoked, and your testicles should be removed. Come on, step it up.

he's not thinking about hooking up with the girl the pilots after, he's thinking about hooking up with the girl he's wingmanning ie the girls friend.

also you don't have to hook up with her but I dont think anyone has the rights to judge you, should you actually hook up with a girl below your standards while wingmanning.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Hence the invention of the 'Shares' clause
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.