Well I landed an interview for a job at Guitar Center. I have a chance at becoming something I hate, but I need a job and one working with instruments would be a lot more fun then a desk job. Anywho, anyone else here work at a music store? Also anyone have any tips on for the interview?
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
man, if I could trade places with you I could. I work at wal-mart. I hate that place.
“There’s only two ways to sum up music; either it’s good or it’s bad. If it’s good you don’t mess about it, you just enjoy it.” - Louie Armstrong
DON'T just go in like "man, i love music! it's awesome, i love guitar and stuff, i'm around these things every day" i'm sure they're more than used to guitar players trying to get jobs there. you wanna let them know you know the equipment, but don't just stress that. say you're good with people, you're helpful, and you'll deal with customers in an orderly fashion.
just tell them about how good you are with people. tell them that you can start a conversation with anyone and talk about anything. just emphasize your people skills alot.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Good stuff to know guys. Honestly around this time I was as big of a people person as I am now but I got out of that and now I can really talk to anybody as long as they are actually willing that is lol. So that will be a big help in the interview. I am being interviewed for the positions of guitar tech and salesman. I'd love to do both but I don't know exactly how the manager does things yet so I will have to see about that.

As for ibanezkam, I would have loved to work at Walmart or anywhere really a week ago. I sent in my application to GC last week and got the call some time this morning. I wasn't expecting a call back at all honestly.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Quote by OsirisProtocol
Well I landed an interview for a job at Guitar Center. I have a chance at becoming something I hate, but I need a job and one working with instruments would be a lot more fun then a desk job. Anywho, anyone else here work at a music store? Also anyone have any tips on for the interview?

act like an arrogant little jumpstart and you will get the music shop job.
I have been thinking and I am gonna use this job to buy a PRS guitar by April (my next B-day) at latest. Realistically I can buy it in about two months but I figure I can help out around the house with the extra money coming in and I can help pay for stuff for college. I really want a new guitar because I am planning on selling my Agile and trading off the Hondo currently. So anyways. I have two choices for what I want to start with for PRS. I can go for a CE Maple or a Cus 24. I had a Cus 24 that I sold. It was my first guitar actually but I needed to get some financial issue out of the way so it had to go.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem