Has anyone got any ideas on how i can improve my playing ive been playing 2 years and 4 months now, ive learnt scales and chords etc, i know alot of solo improvising, ive played live alot, i have a great axe, great amp, im alright at rhythm playing and can learn songs quite easily, but the problem i have is i want to go to the next level and dont know how, anyone got any ideas what i can do? cause i dont wanna just have to keep learning songs all the time, its getting boring cause im not getting better. Thanks Liam.
Learn harder songs. You'll get better.

And start writing songs.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
hmm..you began listing your knowledge of music theory but you ended it with etc. that doesnt tell us much lol. do you know the circle of fifths we'll? how about intervals? maybe you could practice some different techneques or start playing music from a totaly diff genre that your used to. start a band..start writing your own songs. play with other guitar players. the possibilities are endless. learn different modes perhaps. learn more chords..i know for a fact you didnt learn every chord known to man lol. its awesome that you've played live already. you should always play live every chance you get its a very useful experience. hmm you mentioned that your rythem playing was "alright". you should always try to get better with your rythem playing. like a friend of mine always said "how do you expect to play lead if you cant hold down a solid rythem". if you need anymore ideas..let me know. ill help you the best i know how.
Divide your practice time into categories. Do you really think you know those scales and chords correctly? The goal is not to think and say that you know, it's most important to really understand. Kind of a layout for a good routine:

1. Exercises (running up and down the neck, alternate picking, economy, and sweep picking, etc.)
2. scales
3. chords
4. Ear training
5. Improvising
6. Sight reading/ composing

So basically that is a copy of Steve Vai's 30 hour workout I do suggest this kind of practice if you want to take it to the next level
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Divide your practice time into categories. Do you really think you know those scales and chords correctly? The goal is not to think and say that you know, it's most important to really understand. Kind of a layout for a good routine:

1. Exercises (running up and down the neck, alternate picking, economy, and sweep picking, etc.)
2. scales
3. chords
4. Ear training
5. Improvising
6. Sight reading/ composing

So basically that is a copy of Steve Vai's 30 hour workout I do suggest this kind of practice if you want to take it to the next level

nicely put. i'd also like to add that you should work on chord changes and speed with your scales as well.