Ok so this might sound like a really strange question.

But do flies sleep? like a common house fly. Would it go to sleep?

I have one in my room somewhere and i dont want to go to bed untill i know its out or dead..but i cant find it. I thought it could be sleeping.

And do they actually live for one day cos im sure its longer?!
Last edited by Guitar_picker36 at Sep 1, 2007,
What the **** is your problem?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.

Tried one of these?

This is what I do at work when I get bored. I kill flies.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by cookdizzle
They hide until you try to go to sleep than as soon as you lay your head down they pounce

Thats exactly what im stupidly afraid of.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Tried one of these?

This is what I do at work when I get bored. I kill flies.

All i got is a newspaper lol. and im not quick enough for this one.
I guess they sleep. I hate flies and insects too. If there is a moth in my room i can't sleep till i've killed the little ****er.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Umm.. Why don't you just man up and go to sleep?

Or you could crawl into bed with your parents.
Quote by vintage x metal

ha, its gonna wait till u give up and go to sleep then lay eggs in ur hair.
pay me the same amount and ill give you better head than an amp ever could.

Quote by mdawg24
My bad, headbanger had it.
I suck

Quote by faultyy
(sp) means to use super powers
Quote by Donkey Fly
I guess they sleep. I hate flies and insects too. If there is a moth in my room i can't sleep till i've killed the little ****er.

YES! the thought is just horrible. Like youd be sleeping and a dirty fly thats been in dog**** could land on your lip or something *shudders*.
I've been in this situation before.

Spent 3 hours before i killed the bugger and got some sleep at 4 in the morning.
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
lawl.. I have a problem with insects too but not flies, they are not dangerous, lol..

One time a fillon crawled into my room once, lol.. These things are 10 cm and poisonous like crazy and you are scared of a fly..
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
they have a 24hr life span, its probably dead now.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Umm.. Why don't you just man up and go to sleep?

Or you could crawl into bed with your parents.

LMFAO cos im not a man lol. Im female. which would probably explain all.

ANd Headbanger_1 you just freaked me out for life. Now i defintly wont sleep. untill i know its out.
ha, well dont worry about it. its not goin to hurt you. itll be dead by morning.
pay me the same amount and ill give you better head than an amp ever could.

Quote by mdawg24
My bad, headbanger had it.
I suck

Quote by faultyy
(sp) means to use super powers
Quote by Guitar_picker36
LMFAO cos im not a man lol. Im female. which would probably explain all.

ANd Headbanger_1 you just freaked me out for life. Now i defintly wont sleep. untill i know its out.

Yes... yes, I can tell by the way that you wear your hat that you are of the female gender..

Anyway. If it's a fly, and you can't kill it yourself, I can't help you. And I'm the leading authority of pwning insects.. *points to his sig*.

You're screwed.
Quote by vintage x metal

lol it will. cos it just flew in my ear. I THINK it saw the fly swatter picture up there ^^ now it knows im on to it.

The bastard is back people. How do i kill it.

Spray will make it angry.
Paper will make it fly.
And im too slow to catch it....
Quote by Guitar_picker36
lol it will. cos it just flew in my ear. I THINK it saw the fly swatter picture up there ^^ now it knows im on to it.

The bastard is back people. How do i kill it.

Spray will make it angry.
Paper will make it fly.
And im too slow to catch it....

Drink a bottle of tequila, it will fill you with the spirits of the Aztecs.. Then capture it using your new powers. Then, proceed to remove all of it's deadly parts.. And sacrifice it to the Sun God, and or Quetzalcoatl..

Or, since you're of the female variety, I'm sure you could get some guy to kill it. You just have to be a tease. Wear something revealing.
Quote by vintage x metal

LOL.

Yes i might try and capture it with my new magic fly powers....

or drown it in paint thinner.

Or i might wonder over to my friends house and yes ask him to remove the fly. Although he'll probably be sleeping.
There's so many moths around my room... its a conspiracy. I ****ing hate them
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
Quote by Guitar_picker36
LOL.

Yes i might try and capture it with my new magic fly powers....

or drown it in paint thinner.

Or i might wonder over to my friends house and yes ask him to remove the fly. Although he'll probably be sleeping.

Like I said, if he's sleeping it doesn't matter. If you wear something skimpy, he'll do it anyway.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Like I said, if he's sleeping it doesn't matter. If you wear something skimpy, he'll do it anyway.

lmao he would actually.. but thats just mean to awake him at this kind of hour!lol

No worries. i shall sit here armed with my paper untill this bitch goes down.
Quote by Guitar_picker36
lmao he would actually.. but thats just mean to awake him at this kind of hour!lol

No worries. i shall sit here armed with my paper untill this bitch goes down.

Have you thought about burning your house down? All the insects will die that way.
Quote by vintage x metal

I have a similar problem with moths in my room i just trap them under glases when they finally stop ****ing flying around or maybe if you're brave enough/ if you really want to get some sleep just clap it.
Don't worry about it, if it wanted to lay eggs in your hair it probably already has.
United as One, Divided by Zero

Pwned?
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill

Pwned?

.... ....

omg thats horrible!...and yes thats what it looked like
It's not horrible. If anything, it's beautiful.
Quote by vintage x metal