Yeah, so my friend and i are going to change my strings next weekend(when my zakk wylde Dunlops come), and my new strings are going to be .10's but the 6th string is .060. How can i make sure the tensions will go good and stuff? i'll be keeping my guitar at drop C so it wont be very tight. My friend has done the stringing process many times with his locking trem so he's going to teach me.
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
Theres alot more involved, you'll have to get your intonation reset (well, at least slightly adjusted) and perhaps fix up the action to make sure it all sits well.

But if you're going from .9 to .10 you shouldn't have too much of a problem, especially if your keeping it in Drop C. If your going to go for Drop C i highly recommend you change it up to .11 because they hold the tuning and the tension is alot better if thats the tuning you'll stay in
https://lysithea.bandcamp.com

"I have seen the dark universe yawning
Where the black planets roll without aim,
Where they roll in their horror unheeded,
Without knowledge or lustre or name."
All it is is a balance....nothing more than that....tune up, and if it is too tight, and the bridge is pulled up, tighten the springs....tune up again, and check...repeat until you have the bridge balanced in your tuning.

Best thing might be to just block the trem if you're ok with not using it.
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
All it is is a balance....nothing more than that....tune up, and if it is too tight, and the bridge is pulled up, tighten the springs....tune up again, and check...repeat until you have the bridge balanced in your tuning.

i never use it, how do i block it?
my gear:
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
yamaha beginners guitar
Fender 65R amp
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!

It'd be just as easy to take it into a guitar store and get it done, because that way you can be assured you won't have more problems soon, and if you do its covered
https://lysithea.bandcamp.com

"I have seen the dark universe yawning
Where the black planets roll without aim,
Where they roll in their horror unheeded,
Without knowledge or lustre or name."
Quote by TheOutlawTorn
It'd be just as easy to take it into a guitar store and get it done, because that way you can be assured you won't have more problems soon, and if you do its covered

yeah, its not hard to do the set up by yourself but it can be time consuming. just take it into a shop and pay about $30 to get it set up 100% (intonation, proper tension, truss rod and everything) and then after that its easy for you to change strings using the same type of strings whenever you want
i guess i could just do that to make sure it's all good
my gear:
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
yamaha beginners guitar
Fender 65R amp