Recently I have been trying to install Half-Life and Counter-Strike 1.5 to play with the podbots offline. I have installed Half-Life and it runs fine, but when I install Counter-Strike 1.5 and click the icon it says there is a missing shortcut. I assume that I'm supposed to open Counter-Strike with Half-Life since CS is a mod for HL, but then when I browse for the program to open CS with and click HL, the CS icon turns into the HL icon and when I open it it just turns into HL.

Please help me out guys, I've been trying for ages and I'm going crazy trying to fix it.
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
Bump. Please. Anyone. I beg you.
You are like a hurricane
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
This might be a crazy, crazy notion, but have you tried asking a half life / cs / gaming forum?
Yeah I have and they don't know
You are like a hurricane
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
Install it again?

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

you have to make a shortcut to hl.exe or whatever then after that in the shortcut target path you need to leave something like EDIT: -game cstrike

i'll be able to make a pic or two if you dont get what im saying, i could be wrong though if its different from 1.5 to 1.6
Quote by Diamond Dave
you have to make a shortcut to hl.exe or whatever then after that in the shortcut target path you need to leave something like EDIT: -game cstrike

i'll be able to make a pic or two if you dont get what im saying, i could be wrong though if its different from 1.5 to 1.6

Okay, I'll try that now. Thanks alot dude I hope this works.
You are like a hurricane
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
Okay, I've made the shortcut to hl.exe but when I try to change the name in the shortcut target path it says: "The name (insert whatever I rename the shortcut target path here) specified in the Target Box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct."
You are like a hurricane
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
Quote by estranged_g_n_r
Okay, I've made the shortcut to hl.exe but when I try to change the name in the shortcut target path it says: "The name (insert whatever I rename the shortcut target path here) specified in the Target Box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct."

did it look like this?

thats the syntax for it, you might need the -nomaster bit but im not sure, try it anyway
Okay, I'll try that. Thanks for the help. I think that maybe the problem with it is that I'm trying to play CS but first I need a 1.1.0.1 patch or something like that for Half-Life, that's what some people were saying on some CS forums I went to. But when I try to install that patch, it says I have to install the patch in the original Half-Life.exe folder, I don't know how to do this though because when I click download the patch and it asks me where I want to save it, the Half-Life folder doesn't appear as a location where I can save the patch.

Man, this is frustrating the hell out of me. Thanks for being patient with me (I know I'm a noob lol) and for your help dude, it means alot.
You are like a hurricane
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
El Bumpo.
You are like a hurricane
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
Get 1.6 noone plays 1.5 any more...
I know what you're thinking... You're thinkin' here comes old Gregg, he's a scaly man-fish...

Quote by civildp1
I can't drink tequila anymore. it makes me do terrible things. Terrible naked things.

I prefer 1.5, I dislike alot of the new features on 1.6.
You are like a hurricane
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.