hey everyone.

im currently in the ordeal of purchasing a new guitar, and have been looking at epis range of g400s. at my local guitar store, the best in my country, they a g400 limited edition goldtop for 50 buks cheaper than the regular g400. is there a difference between the two guitars apart from teh colour? thanks. also, the goldtop has a flaw on the pickgaurd where one of the screws go through, so i myt be able to get it for closer to 600
get the Tony Iommi signature G400... ull love it
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
^ Agreed I have it, it's amazing
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
save up man, you wont regret it, honestly the sound ull get out of it, ull fall in love with it. Inlays are sick too
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
hmmm i dont think im at the stage where i wana spen 1000buks(NZ dollars) on a guitar at the mo.

byut back to my actual question lol is the a diffrence between the g400 and the gold top?
honestly, between the two, id go with the regular version. the goldtop looks rly bad i think. If it sounds better (which i doubt), then buy it. but otherwise, buy the regular version. a red SG looks soo cool imo.
yeh i walked in the door to the shop and its in a glass case ryt thea and i was like ooohhh drooool gold lol but hten after looking at it again it looks cheap and ****ty, yeh ive alwasy wanted a red sg since my eyes first saw one lol
I could be wrong but doesn't the Gold Top have P90's? Could have sworn I saw one a couple of days ago, maybe on the Epiphone site. I know the regular Limited Edition has EMG's.
Just play them both and see which you prefer is the best advice. I'd take particular note of which plays the best rather than slight tonal variances. The G400 is a guitar which needs a pickup change at a later date anyways, so keep that in mind.

Great guitars to do up though.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
pics of the goldtop please
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07
I look at boobs and bums and stuff I get really horny and stuff.

PARTY OF SPECIAL THINGS TO DO
get the Tony Iommi one, it will produce much better sounds. Its got his Pickups man u cant go wrong with that... plus that goldtop looks ugly honestly
LOL
I've never been so undecided in my life as I am looking at that guitar, it's kind of cool looking but also kinda ugly
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07
I look at boobs and bums and stuff I get really horny and stuff.

PARTY OF SPECIAL THINGS TO DO
lol yeh theas just something about the gold...in person it just makes it look cheap and crappy so i think ill stay away from it lol. goddamit i still cant decide between sg or lp!!!!ahhhhh someone make up my mind for me!~!!!
G-400, you won't regret it. Well, you might regret the gold one...
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Last edited by STABxYOU at Sep 2, 2007,
I like SG's better because of weight and upper fret access, as opposed to the LP's. LP's sound great and have a better low end and a little more midrange. It has to do more with your style than anything else.