Booster Marshall JCM 800?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
probably a 6505 would be good. or a JCM900 or something like that. Plexi reissue maybe.
That's one of the most vague questions I've ever heard. What's your price range, then we can tell you... And for Thrash, what bands do you mean?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
ahh sorry guys, in that case, price around £700-£1000 and a sort of anthrax, pantera, metallica, annihilator sound
Hmm...well for that much, roughly $2000... you have A LOT of choices. However, things I'd normally suggest in that price range (Mesa) are very highly priced in the UK.

All the amps suggested before will do what you're looking for quite nicely, but for your price range, you can do much better. Wait till someone who lives in the UK comes around and suggests something, I'll leave this one up to Dave or someone
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
wow, sweet! thanks to jenny for showing me this thread, i missed it i don't know everything, though, far from it. on plenty of other guitar forums i'm not much above a noob myself... o_O

Is that £1000 for just the head, or the head and cab?

anyway, assuming your total budget is £1000...

engl blackmore/fireball (fireball is more modern death metal, i'd probably prefer the blackmore for those tones)
laney tt 50/100
laney vh100r
marshall jvm/dsl
koch multitone/twintone (probably have to order of thomann or similar to get one under budget)
peavey 6505/xxx

probably some more i've missed, too. It's basically personal preference as to which you prefer, best bet is to try as many of those as humanly possible. Cab depends on how much you have left after the heads... on the cheap, probably a framus 2x12, if you have around £300, though, you could get a marshall or laney 4x12 (probably with v30's, though it is up to you).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
cool, thanx man. looks like im gonna be spending a lot more time in guitar shops now
also, don't just assume that because something is more expensive, it's better. peavey are expensive over here compared to in the USA; while stuff like laney and engl is better value. Don't get me wrong, though, if peavey does the tone you hear in your head, go for it. Just don't assume that if the peavey is £800 and the laney £600, that the peavey is necessarily £200 better- in the US, those prices would likely be reversed.

and yeah, the only way you can really decide is to try them.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?