I'm looking to purchase a keyboard (as in electric piano, not a typing keyboard.) But, I'm not well versed on the subject. Can anyone here tell me what to look for, brands to look into/brands to avoid, etc, or point out a resource where I could find said information? I don't need anything major, just a good, solid, instrument. I'd be making mostly progressive music with it, if that matters. Any help? Thanks in advance.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
Yamaha/Casio ones are good generally, for the cheaper end.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
yai have a casio keyboard and a yamaha clavinova piano n theyre both real good.
I'll believe in anything and you'll believe in anything.
last.fm
It depends what kind of music you want to make mate. If you are after a synth-ier electronic sound, I'd start with a Korg Microsynth, but if you're after a normal keyboard that's a good alrounder, I'd go with something by Yamaha

Hope that helped somewhat =]
Quote by Allnightmask22
I'm looking to purchase a keyboard (as in electric piano, not a typing keyboard.) But, I'm not well versed on the subject. Can anyone here tell me what to look for, brands to look into/brands to avoid, etc, or point out a resource where I could find said information? I don't need anything major, just a good, solid, instrument. I'd be making mostly progressive music with it, if that matters. Any help? Thanks in advance.

Yamaha is good in my book and i use the PSR340 which still works great

I had a cheap Casio which fried after one year and casio didnt do anything about it even though i did nothing to break it myself.
so i got the yamaha.

get something with good sound, something not too cheap and something with midi in and out.

Quote by gallagher2006
It depends what kind of music you want to make mate. If you are after a synth-ier electronic sound, I'd start with a Korg Microsynth, but if you're after a normal keyboard that's a good alrounder, I'd go with something by Yamaha

Hope that helped somewhat =]

More great advice