I don't know about you guys, but sometimes I just wanna turn the Sigur Ros off to pump my fist in the air and really rock out. What are some bands you do this to?

To get the party started:

Akimbo
One of my top favorite bands. I have two of their albums on vinyl and I can often be seen playing some serious air guitar to tracks such as Sorceress and I Think I'm a Werewolf. These guys hail from Seattle and they mean business. If you love crunchy bass, you'll love this. I've had the pleasure of seeing them twice and they put on one hell of a live show.

http://www.myspace.com/akimbo

The Jesus Lizard
No longer a band, but well worth a listen. This Chicago based band is well recognized for their grooving bass lines coupled with sharp guitar and haunting vocals. Jesus Lizard paved the way for many great alternative bands in the early 90s. Listen to Skull of a German.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=40082984
Polvo anyone?
Quote by utsapp89
CRUSHING
SLAMMING
BROCOLI!
Face it, t3h MG mini-stack pwns your face.
that there akimbo band is quite fun.
not something i'd listen to all the time though.
Quote by misfits385
Polvo anyone?

Absolutely.

Unsane, The Jesus Lizard, Big Black, Casa Bonita, Lightning Bolt, all good for this kindof thing.
I will never travel brandishing a sharp tongue, out of fear of piercing my own heart...
Quote by European Son
Judging by the stuff I've heard, Polvo are amazing.

They're a fantastic band, very under-rated in my opinion. The Chapel Hill indie scene was awesome back in the day.

You should definitely get Cor-Crane Secret and Today's Active Lifestyles, they're essential.
I will never travel brandishing a sharp tongue, out of fear of piercing my own heart...
i shall blast some big black into my ears very soon.
i am also going to check out this polvo band being that it seems everyone but me knows them.
^if it makes you feel any better, i didn't know about them until a friend turned me onto them a few months ago.
hey did anyone else think, when they first head big black, that it was not a guitar being played, but a distorted kazoo? ya i'm dumb.
Quote by somewhat_here
hey did anyone else think, when they first head big black, that it was not a guitar being played, but a distorted kazoo? ya i'm dumb.

Haha. For an awesome band that use Kazoo, check out Illuminati 3 http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=14356062

Quote by somewhat_here
^holy crap deja vu from the superchunk thread. but ya big black's ****ing awesome.

It's totally true though.

For fans of Polvo, check out Black Taj, it's Dave and Steve's new band, they're Polvoesque, but a bit more mature/rock'y.

Also, North Of America, they're like a mix of Pavement and Polvo.
Now we're talking!

I saw Trainwreck from Germany last week. Holy ****. These guys were amazing. I bought their vinyl, but to get the full effect you really have to see the live show. They're only in the states for a few more days so if you're on the west coast you should really try and check them out. It might be awhile before they make it back over. PS after I saw them, I totally fell in love with the bassist. Swoon.

http://www.myspace.com/trainwreck5
I guess it is about time to get off my ass and get energetic about something.
Quote by uhh_me?
i fist pump to belle and sebastian...

For the win!
Sent from my iPad.
i've been listening to good old fashioned '80s hardcore lately -- bad brains, black flag (thanks to uhh_me <3), minor threat, etc. good stuff. not indie but quite influential to the indie scene nonetheless. indie-wise, the hold steady and dinosaur jr are always good for a fist-pump or two.

or you could just listen to "born to run" for hours on repeat. that works too.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
Quote by xkalx
all this is indie?

Anything I listen to is indie.

Thats the fun of it. We like the music you do. Will you like the music we do? Rock the **** out!

And Belle and Sebastian doesn't count, uhh_me. You fail.
The closest I've come to fist-pumping during Belle and Sebastian is probably feeling slightly dirty while listening to Step Into my Office Baby.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

The Fall of Troy is my go-to band, but there's also Botch, The Human Abstract, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Gorilla Biscuits, Minor Threat, mewithoutYou, Blood Brothers, Husker Du, etc. A lot of random stuff. I just like to [insert noun/verb]core it up now and then.
Last edited by slinks at Sep 2, 2007,
at the drive in gets me going sometimes, and when i'm in a lighter mood the kings of leon always get me amped for most anything.
Quote by jackbutt
I don't know about you guys, but sometimes I just wanna turn the Sigur Ros off to pump my fist in the air and really rock out. What are some bands you do this to?

To get the party started:

Akimbo
One of my top favorite bands. I have two of their albums on vinyl and I can often be seen playing some serious air guitar to tracks such as Sorceress and I Think I'm a Werewolf. These guys hail from Seattle and they mean business. If you love crunchy bass, you'll love this. I've had the pleasure of seeing them twice and they put on one hell of a live show.

http://www.myspace.com/akimbo

The Jesus Lizard
No longer a band, but well worth a listen. This Chicago based band is well recognized for their grooving bass lines coupled with sharp guitar and haunting vocals. Jesus Lizard paved the way for many great alternative bands in the early 90s. Listen to Skull of a German.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=40082984

Speaking of the Jesus Lizard, I was reminded by hate mail I got for banning a guy who spammed the U2 columns. He kept on saying The Jesus Lizard rocked. And even in the comment in column he got banned for, he said they rocked.

I should PM him saying that Jesus Lizard, does in fact rock.
Sent from my iPad.
lifetime. they arent indie, but whatever.

see also: the go team.

some jeremy warmsley does it too. but hes just perfect so whatever.

also, not if this was the last planet on earth by junkplanet.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.