Does anyone have any tips? I've been looking around on the web but I can't seem to find a way to communicate with anyone directly, so I figured the UGers wouldn't mind helping out. I'm hoping on leaning twards a blues style.
I wanna learn as well, internet's pathetic for it.
Try get some "Blues Traveller" (use harmonica a lot), and just figure out songs, that'll be the best way to get started- by getting going.

Edit: Such as Lazy by Deep Purple was playing, (in Fm I think) and I picked up the harmonica (C) for and didn't expect it, but could play it. Just give everything a go, don't have to research it necessarily.
Who reads sigs anyway
What key is it in? You should probably learn how to play the major/minor scale on it, and start with some improvising. Thats just my guess though.. I don't play harmonica lol
A lot of early Beatles stuff has harmonica.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by strong_wizard

Try get some "Blues Traveller" (use harmonica a lot), and just figure out songs, that'll be the best way to get started- by getting going.

+1

Hook especially, very fun song.
joe satriani - big bad moon
Amorphis
Quote by iceman_8319
The human eye only captures a certain amount frames per second.
By the time you've read this post, 3 ninjas have had sex in front of you.

Cross harp is the way...basically, for a bluesy sound you want to be using predominantly the drawn (sucked) notes. Your harmonica has a key, however it actually has two keys...if you have a harmonica that states it's in the key of C that only refers to the blown notes, if you use the drawn notes you're actually playing in F, the two keys are a 5th apart.

So, in short, suck on the thing and pick a harmonica in the key that's a 5th below the key you're playing over.

Eg, E harmonica for B, G harmonica for C, A harmonica for E etc etc
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com