this first part is played as 16th notes at 120 bpm,it is played twice.it is single notes

A Eb D Bb Eb D A Eb D Eb Bb Eb D Bb Eb D

like i said that plays twice then this next part is played once in power chord form

Bb (half note) A# (quarter note) G (quarter)

i want to create a cynic type feel over this if anyone know who they are or spastic ink

and ideas for scale choice or type of licks to do?the notes happen so fast for a rythmn
part i am thinking chromatics or whole tone?
It's played in 16ths at 120 bpm, and it's single notes? That does not sound like rhythm to me.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by SOADrox429
It's played in 16ths at 120 bpm, and it's single notes? That does not sound like rhythm to me.

agreed. maybe play it as palm mutes or power chords?
yes it is going to be lots of bands i listen to would play a lead or a part that would not normally be considered a part that you would use,, basically the riff underneath i think is going to end up more busy than the lead but i want to give an upper guitar part a sort of jazz metal flavor like cynic,athiest,spatsic ink,.

yoiu could approach it this way because of the way the riff is accencted the notes that get the accencts are the A Bb the rest are kind of like passing tones to get back to the accented notes..trust me there really is a rythmn to it.i am just curious what note choices or whatever to use to give it that flavor

the entire lead or upper guitar part whatever u choose to call it will just fill up 10 seconds of space
Quote by sidereal9
yes it is going to be lots of bands i listen to would play a lead or a part that would not normally be considered a part that you would use,, basically the riff underneath i think is going to end up more busy than the lead but i want to give an upper guitar part a sort of jazz metal flavor like cynic,athiest,spatsic ink,.

yoiu could approach it this way because of the way the riff is accencted the notes that get the accencts are the A Bb the rest are kind of like passing tones to get back to the accented notes..trust me there really is a rythmn to it.i am just curious what note choices or whatever to use to give it that flavor

the entire lead or upper guitar part whatever u choose to call it will just fill up 10 seconds of space

Then try palm muted power chords, and when the A and Bb notes are played, unmute it. I don't know, it just seems kind of weird, like you would add a rhythm part to that, or harmonize with it.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
yea it isnt your typical part to play one which is one reason why i want to plus when you hear it in context of the song it definately needs a part there over the first half i think i will play slow bendy crap the fast stuff over that one measure chord section
It's got an A Locrian feel, and all the notes fit into that.

I assume you mean you're playing that riff like this?

Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Last edited by DaddyTwoFoot at Sep 1, 2007,
how do you do copy an image like that in there?lol any way the strings are inverted it is played on those same strings but at the 5th to 8th frets, so the frets would be 7 on the d string 6 on the a 5 on the a etc
Quote by sidereal9
how do you do copy an image like that in there?lol any way the strings are inverted it is played on those same strings but at the 5th to 8th frets, so the frets would be 7 on the d string 6 on the a 5 on the a etc

I made the tab in Guitar Pro, hit the Print Screen button, copied it into Paint, cut it down to size, then hosted it on Photobucket.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by sidereal9

Doesnt really matter how its actually played, hes got the right notes. you just wanted to know what you can play over it. A locrian is correct.... or if its easier just think of G minor, or Bb Major.
shred is gaudy music
no it doesnt really matter,,except when you play it the accents will sound different since the accents are on higher notes but thanks to you both i will try that out