Alright guys here is the deal. I LOVE the 1987x plexi tone. Most of the bands I listen to are from the 60's and 70's with a few exceptions. In my search for tone I am trying most to emulate Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, Jimi Hendrix, Clapton, Cream, ZZtop, AC/DC and more.

I particularly love the sound of the plexi. It is hard to describe but it's something like there is a brief moment of silence before the notes ring out. I don't know it is very smooth and creamy. Listen to the ocean by led zeppelin to get an idea of what I am talking about.

Anyway the real problem is that I don't know what to do with my '82 JCM800 4010 combo. I don't know wether to keep it or sell it. I love it to death too but I think it might be kind of pointless for me to have to great amps like that, especially when they are so expensive and I don't feel like spending too much money.

I was thinking about running the plexi through an attenuator, putting it on load and then setting a line out to my JCM 800. This would give me the cranked plexi tones with unlimited attenuation.

Please help me make a decision guys. Should I ditch the JCM 800 and get the plexi, keep the 800 and not get a plexi or keep both?!?!?!?