Page 1 of 2
Tell me what ibanez electric guitar you have,why you like it/why you hate it and why you chose it! *i'm just bored..*

a bumb as$ gio ( my first and only ibby so far)
Quote by Roc8995
Changing strings on a bigsby is alarmingly similar to flossing the teeth of a pissed-off sabertooth tiger while blindfolded.
Ibanez GRG170DX-

First guitar, didn't really know anything but wanted an Ibanez after playing a friends. It sounds a million times better with some handwound pickups in it and a few other mods. Much better than people say it is.

Ibanez PGM301-

An Ibanez with Dimarzio's, hardtail and sexy as feck neck? I think so. I didn't want a signature model guitar but after playing it, I couldn't put down a deposit fast enough.

Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by NoobOnZone
No one has a S470?
Me! Me! I had an S470!

Quote by Kurapica
Ibanez GRG170DX
Hey, a 170 was my first electric too.

Also...

This one's just hot. I always liked how 770DXs came with matching color pickups.

Pink pickups - enough said. Everyone should have an RG570 so they never again would have to worry about getting the best guitar with a double locking trem.

Oh what now? It's still an EMG-driven MIJ Ibanez Prestige. I call it Irony, and it's about to get more pink trim and hello kitty stickers.

My favourite guitar at the moment. I'm lovin' the neck profile, the stock pickups, the body shape, the aged creamy finish, and the fact that on its twenty second year of life, the Edge on this thing works like new.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by NoobOnZone
No one has a S470? i'm going to get one soon,love the thin body design....

I've got that in blue, can't wait to upgrade though. It's just really run of the mill. Regardless, it's a good guitar.
Dickless.
I gots me a RG321MH, I love it. I just can't decide whether to throw a set of EMGs in or a Dimarzio Breed set
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by Kurapica
Ibanez GRG170DX-

First guitar, didn't really know anything but wanted an Ibanez after playing a friends. It sounds a million times better with some handwound pickups in it and a few other mods. Much better than people say it is.

Ibanez PGM301-

An Ibanez with Dimarzio's, hardtail and sexy as feck neck? I think so. I didn't want a signature model guitar but after playing it, I couldn't put down a deposit fast enough.

I usually feel the same way about signature models of just about anything, but the PGM Ibanez is great. If only they'd release the red one that they use in some racer x videos...not that I'd be able to afford it anyway.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
Ummm... I'm getting an SZ 720 in.... cherry red i think.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
naming guitars?

well, this one I call Ibby, or Xiphy on occasion

And this is Joe

I used to hate ibanez guitars.....now they're all I wanna buy
Ibanez MTM2 (DiMarzio X2N/Paf Pro)
Ibanez JS600 (EMG 85/81)
Ibanez EW20AES
ESP LTD MV-200
Madison Divinity II
(2) Vader 2x12"
Korg Pitchblack
Ibanez TS-9
Boss NS-2
MXR-108
Roland GR-20
Quote by NoobOnZone
i love the green X-ed shaped one..but it has an edge III...did you change it?

its actually red, its only green from certain angles.

I kept the edge III in but I blocked it with a tremol-No, so its a fixed bridge now.
Ibanez JS600 (EMG 85/81)
Ibanez EW20AES
ESP LTD MV-200
Madison Divinity II
(2) Vader 2x12"
Korg Pitchblack
Ibanez TS-9
Boss NS-2
MXR-108
Roland GR-20
oh cool..many people says the edge lll is disgusting..thats why i want the zr trem,it rocks,zero resistance..
Quote by NoobOnZone
oh cool..many people says the edge lll is disgusting..thats why i want the zr trem,it rocks,zero resistance..

its okay when set up right. I just can't find a practical use for a floating trem other than tuning. I barely ever do tremolo squeals so its nothing i need all the time, but the tremol-no can unlock too if i ever need it.
Ibanez JS600 (EMG 85/81)
Ibanez EW20AES
ESP LTD MV-200
Madison Divinity II
(2) Vader 2x12"
Korg Pitchblack
Ibanez TS-9
Boss NS-2
MXR-108
Roland GR-20
hey guys,i know the ZR is a floating bridge..(talking about the S470),is the EDGE PRO a floating bridge too? apparently people say that the EDGE pro rocks and if its a fixed bridge,i won;'t mind changing it,cos i;'m new to floating bridges and most of all to electric guitars..any opinions on whether i should change the ZR to a EDGE pro?
Edge Pro is a floating bridge, and no you can't change it on an S, different routings and posts.
Ibanez JS600 (EMG 85/81)
Ibanez EW20AES
ESP LTD MV-200
Madison Divinity II
(2) Vader 2x12"
Korg Pitchblack
Ibanez TS-9
Boss NS-2
MXR-108
Roland GR-20
Quote by Kurapica
Ibanez GRG170DX-

Ibanez PGM301-

I love your guitars although I am not a big sig person either man so I know where your coming from. Love your band too by the way.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
Quote by NoobOnZone
No one has a S470? i'm going to get one soon,love the thin body design....

I got that in blue and I love it.
lol, I have an RG120, I had $500 to spend, so I don't know why I didn't buy a better one. I was still a guitar noob. Its alright, so far no buzzing or anything. Although it can get out of tune easily. The pickups are a bit dull on distortion, but the clean with both pickups on sounds great through my amp. Its very full sounding, much like the intro to Aerials.
Hmm,its not that hard to change the strings?what are the other extra steps i must take to change the strings on a floating bridge compared to a fixed bridge?
Quote by pifty
Everyone should have an RG570 so they never again would have to worry about getting the best guitar with a double locking trem.

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by OsirisProtocol
I love your guitars although I am not a big sig person either man so I know where your coming from. Love your band too by the way.

Oh wow thanks Thanks for taking the time to check out my band! I really appreciate it ^^
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
RG550 DX - badly photographed :p

IC400 - equally badly photographed!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
is IC400 good? it doesn't have a whammy bar does it?Any suggestions on fixed ibanez guitars that is suitable for a begginer like me?
I just have a GRX20, Gio Ibanez. I aim to buy the new Ibanez V or an Ibanez RG.
One Way Ticket To Hell

Gear

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
-Peavey Studio Pro 112
-DigiTech Grunge
-Zakk Wylde Wah
-DigiTech Whammy
-MXR 10-Band EQ

Future Purchases
-EMG's 81/85
-Cab
-Krankenstein Head
-ESP Eclipse II
My RG550MxxDY

I love everything about it. Getting Evo's for it in November because thats how i roll.

PSN ID: ArranP
Last edited by apmaman at Sep 2, 2007,
The IC400 is great, it's a bit neck heavy but it plays pretty quick and it's got a good, solid tone.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Awesome pics apmaman
I got the S470, it's absolutely beautiful. Will take pics when I forget how lazy I am.
Quote by apmaman
My RG550MxxDY

I love everything about it. Getting Evo's for it in November because thats how i roll.

Those looked so awesome in that video of Paul Gilbert talking about them.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
I don't own any, but if I did, it would be a Paul Gilbert model. They're one of the maybe four Ibanez';s I've seen that I can stand to look at.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Radius 540R LTD (1991)

Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
I got a Ibanez GAX75. It's my only guitar, and got it 3 years ago when I just started to learn to play. It's not bad, I guess, but I don't know much about other guitars. It's cool that it has that drop-D downshifter switch, but in the styles of music I play (classic rock and blues), I don't need it. I really need to get better pickups though, as I don't like the sound of these cheap stock pups.

All in all though, I'm happy, the GAX75 is good when you're just starting out.
mmm it's really heavy and the sound isnt the better but is my first and my favorite guitar jeje
Quote by Morrison Mau
mmm it's really heavy and the sound isnt the better but is my first and my favorite guitar jeje

are you talking about the GAX75?
Page 1 of 2