hey everyone. im in the market for a new guitar, and im pretty sure im gonna go with an ibanez rg prestige. right now the top two contenders are the 2550e and the 1570. any other ideas or input? thanks in advance for your help. (side note: does anyone have any idea how to contact team J Craft? i cant find theyre information ANYWHERE)
i like the looks of the 1570 better, but i've never played either and i don't really know anything about ibanez
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
yeah i do like its looks cuz of the changing colors. but i also like the 2550s black and the fact it has a pick guard
the 2550 is the better of the two. better stock pickups(still designed though, so i would change them) and a pickguard. not much, and if you like the look of the 1570 and are planning on changing the pickups, go ahead. other than looks, pickups, and pickguard, they're not all that different. same wood, wizard prestige neck, exact same body. i just like the 2550 a hell of a lot more.
1570 = I like the color, poor PU
2550 = I don't like the color, better PU
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

yeah im pretty sure im gonna go with the 2550. my parents are helping me out with this one too so the price is a little bit less of an issue lol
After seeing the galaxy black in person I can attest that its is suitably sexy. In my opinion its is a much more classy finish that the mirage colors on the 1570.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
You'll probably want to change the pickups even if you go with the 2550. Anyway, according to the specs at Ibanez' website, the two guitars are really similar in build quality, so I guess it's safe to choose the one you think looks the best.
yeah. idk what pickups id be putting in though. maybe dimarzios
i dont knowwww. hahaha. i actually just gopt back form my local guitar center and i tried out the 2550. im getting it in 3 months
I haven't tried an RG-1570 or RG-2550 but I have tried the RGR-1570 and RG-2570. Both of those were excellent guitars. I preferred the RGR-1570 a little more in just about every way but the RG-2570 did come with a cool textured color.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
the only difference between the 2550 and the 2570 is the bound rosewood fingerboard correct? and obviously the color. personally i think the gold is pretty obnoxious but the silver is more do-able. whats the price difference between the two models
All the Prestige RG's are pretty much the same spec wise. Just physical appearance and such.

Personally, I'm considering the RG2550, as I dig the pickguard, color, inlays, and bound neck more than the carnival ride finish on the 1570.

Of course, I'm probably gonna buy a Strat before the RG.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
yeah. strats arent really my thing. ive got two gibsons that i love, but their necks are just too bulky to play what my band/s are getting into at the moment.
Quote by which ones pink
If you'll be changing the pickups anyway, get the 1570, as the only reason to get a 2550 is for the pickups. You can get pickguards for like 15 bucks too.

The 2550E has got nicer inlays than the RG1570.
Quote by Striketalonx
All the Prestige RG's are pretty much the same spec wise. Just physical appearance and such.

Personally, I'm considering the RG2550, as I dig the pickguard, color, inlays, and bound neck more than the carnival ride finish on the 1570.

Of course, I'm probably gonna buy a Strat before the RG.

My guitar has a carnival ride finish, hehe. Actually, that's the best description I've seen yet.
Quote by mn8b
the only difference between the 2550 and the 2570 is the bound rosewood fingerboard correct? and obviously the color. personally i think the gold is pretty obnoxious but the silver is more do-able. whats the price difference between the two models

I like the gold...they really should call it lime green though...
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Yah, so the differences are..

Finish (obviously)
Binding on the 2550
Pickups (not a huge deal, since they both suck)
Inlays

Basically, its just cosmetics.

+

I got that strat.. and I'm considering not saving up for an RG and just saving for a Charvel Hot-rodded Strat I love the feel of a strat soooo much, and leads on the neck coil are pretty sick, as they have a bit more of a glassy feel to them over a humbucker...

yah, Custom Charvel in White with black guard. H-S config, OFR, etc.

oh,
but still, for the price, the RG1570/2550 are amazing.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
i was thinking DiMarzio Tone Zone set for new pickups? anyone disagree
I've got a ToneZone at the bridge of my 1570, and it's great. Too bad my amp doesn't do it justice. Can't wait to get some cash so I can get an Orange Rocker30.
i have a fender hotrod deluxe. not really what youd call a metal amp but for some reason it works with my bands music. its really bassy, the cleans are beautiful, and witha Metal Muff pedal its got a great distorted, marshall sound. without the price lol.
Quote by which ones pink
I don't think inlays are worth $130.

What if they were made of kryptonite?
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra