im about to buy something from ebay but im not sure on what to do as this is my first time ever buying anything on there. the buyer only accepts money orders so im guessing i would commit to buy it and then email him asking for his information such as name, address etc. after i send the money order to him he would ship the item to me. is this right or are there more steps to it.

thanks in advance.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
I have negative experience buying from dealers located in China. Also, unless the product you want isn't very popular, I recommend using amazon.
its an amp and its located here in the US of A so i dont think china comes in but ill check amazon
Quote by csn00b
Quote by The Madcap
I have negative experience buying from dealers located in China. Also, unless the product you want isn't very popular, I recommend using amazon.

ya ebay kinda sucks...
Why does the seller only accept money orders?? Sounds shady from the start, what are you buying? How 'good' is the deal? Also, what will you do when you send off the money order of say a few hundred dollars and the seller says "I never received payment"?

if you commit to buy and then if you win the auction or buy it now it will give you the info of the person and you wont need to email him most likley it will automatically tell you his info and as soon as he gets the cash hes gonna send the amp.
How much feedback does the guy have?

You could link us to the specific auction to save us some questions.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
yea look at his feedback and make sure its really good ive never bought anything from someone with less then 98% and read the comments other people leave for the person that will give you a idea if hes good to work with
he doesnt have a lot of feedback or many transactions so you might want to put a lot of thought into this and also if you do send him a money order put insurance on it in case something does happen and i think u can use the insurance as proof u sent it if he tries sayin he never got it
Quote by OfficerSxyPants
he doesnt have a lot of feedback or many transactions so you might want to put a lot of thought into this and also if you do send him a money order put insurance on it in case something does happen and i think u can use the insurance as proof u sent it if he tries sayin he never got it
I love your username.
ehhhh im really starting to get turned down on buying this......
Quote by csn00b
IT looks like it might be legit, but I personally would not do it. He only has like 15 feedback. The "money order only!" thing turns me off of it too.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
personally the most ive ever spent on ebay was like 40 bucks at one time and ur thinkin of spedin quite a bit i personally wouldnt becuase he hasnt been selling for very long
ok so ive decided against it but i dont know where i could find a used 5150 head that isnt on ebay or craigslist.
Quote by csn00b
ebay isnt bad to deal with it was just that guy was kinda shady with only money order and the low feedback ive never had anything go wrong and if something does its almost always settled between the 2 people
i know but i just have a bad feeling and i dont like ebay at all. unfortunately though i cant think of any other alternatives.
Quote by csn00b
Quote by jpgilbert701
im about to buy something from ebay but im not sure on what to do as this is my first time ever buying anything on there. the buyer only accepts money orders so im guessing i would commit to buy it and then email him asking for his information such as name, address etc. after i send the money order to him he would ship the item to me. is this right or are there more steps to it.

thanks in advance.

I only deal with paypal when using ebay
I have been ripped off with money orders and all that before and wont let it happen again.

I would not go with that item if its money order only.....
Paypal is the best way and make sure he has a good feedback account

edit
Hmm, only 15 transactions on his account...
I just cant trust that.......

I only buy from sellers with at least 30 deals under the belt and anything 98% or higher.
Last edited by moody07747 at Sep 1, 2007,