What scale does marty use to improvise with near the end of dragon mistress?
Oh **** I gotta do vibrato
glad to hear from a fellow Marty fan
if i had to describe Marty's style id say he generally doesnt stick to a strict scale, he usually mixes in whatever intervals he feels like. but that being said there is a scale the improv is based in, and that's A minor. the backing chords are A5 and F5, and Marty's doing his thing where he follows chord tones and whatnot but still kicks ass and yea.. id love to discuss the song more if you want, PM me

oh btw, there is one part where the chords go G, Ab, Bb and Marty's just doin arpeggios, then back to the A5 and F5. im pretty sure thats all there is
T/S, have you seen melodic control? It shows his technique and style. He basically *****s out on the chord tones and arpeggios and then uses any interval (he doesnt follow scales very religeously) he wants to add spice. His favourite intervals are the sixth and his least favourite are the seconds. I know in the actual video he doesnt say, "now I'm playing such and such interval," but he does say X note sounds good over X chord. You must find the interval yourself.

Watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omukG4_od6Q and enjoy
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Quote by demonofthenight
T/S, have you seen melodic control? It shows his technique and style. He basically *****s out on the chord tones and arpeggios and then uses any interval (he doesnt follow scales very religeously) he wants to add spice. His favourite intervals are the sixth and his least favourite are the seconds. I know in the actual video he doesnt say, "now I'm playing such and such interval," but he does say X note sounds good over X chord. You must find the interval yourself.

Watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omukG4_od6Q and enjoy

I've seen bits of it on the internet, but i dont have the video.
That youtube video seems a bit fast
Quote by Guitar Guy21
I think this is the full video .
Crap, sorry guys. I posted the wrong video . My video was of a weird looking guy who looked nothing like friedman. Sorry salmon
        |\
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Quote by demonofthenight
Crap, sorry guys. I posted the wrong video . My video was of a weird looking guy who looked nothing like friedman. Sorry salmon

Yeah, what happened there?
Me and my lazyness googled "youtube melodic control" and posted the first link. Sorry, I'm an idiot I know it.
        |\
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Quote by demonofthenight
Me and my lazyness googled "youtube melodic control" and posted the first link. Sorry, I'm an idiot I know it.

How did that guy get the first link anyway? I've seen others that were better