i have the big folder that i got off my friends HD with all the files, now how do i install it. i know it donest require any mounting, but when i press setup.exe nothign happens, help?
well thats what i thought he said no u ahve to do something. when i press on the NFS button to launch teh game it says : teh application failed to start becosue d3dx9_somethgin was not found. then a windwos thing appears says NFSC.exe has stropped working
Alright, then you just download a patch, and replace the nfsc.exe file with the patched file. Double click it and it should be sweet.

Always be careful when finding a patch, as I can guarantee you 95% of patches WILL have viruses. Always scan the file.
-J
usually it's easiest to get a patch by selectivly downlaoding a torrent. Just find a torrent with the patch put in as a seperate file (not .iso) and using a torrenting program like utorrent just select the crack/patch file to download.

Most times those cracks don't have viruses. Whereas googled patches will always have viruses. And it ain't fun
chances are you haven't copied across the system files or the dll's required to run the game.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Quote by rworsl
chances are you haven't copied across the system files or the dll's required to run the game.

so how do i do that?
waohman game copy world almsot tried to put a trojan on my comp (avast popped up saying sumthign abotu a trojan-it didnt go through though right?) thsi ****s too confusing