well i wanted a classic 30 and i was told it was good enough for gigs but i read that 20-30 wtts tube is good for recording band practise and 30-50 is good for gigs.... does this mean i will always have to have my amp cranked right up at gigs?
Quote by Roc8995
Changing strings on a bigsby is alarmingly similar to flossing the teeth of a pissed-off sabertooth tiger while blindfolded.
I have an Ashton VP30, which I have only at around 1 oclock, and its fine for getting over a full band. You want your tube amp to be cranked anyway.

Keep in mind that if it is a big gig, they'll most likely have a PA system there as well, so you don't really need to worry so much on volume.
if its cranked i wont be able to get cleans though right?
Quote by Roc8995
Changing strings on a bigsby is alarmingly similar to flossing the teeth of a pissed-off sabertooth tiger while blindfolded.
if you roll down ur volume on ur guitar yea u can.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
nice thanks guys/girls
Quote by Roc8995
would there be any benifits to having a 212 or 412 and the 30 watt head instead of the combo? or can you hook a cab into this combo?
Quote by Roc8995
Don't quote me on this, so to speak, but I believe it's possible to run a combo into a cab.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
Quote by *kas
Don't quote me on this, so to speak, but I believe it's possible to run a combo into a cab.

i know some combos you can... not sure on this one though
Quote by Roc8995
Depends on the amount of headroom your amp has personally. You can replace the tubes with ones designed to get the maximum amount of headroom out of your amp. I find that my laney is fine for staying clean long enough for gig level volumes, otherwise, that's what PA is for.
It's fine for cleans. Bloc Party played at Reading using Hot Rod Deluxes, and alot of their stuff was clean.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
it depends is ur amp is u had a 30 watt class A that would be mega loud
Quote by MrCarrot
It's fine for cleans. Bloc Party played at Reading using Hot Rod Deluxes, and alot of their stuff was clean.

Sure they don't use Devilles?
Epi Lp Custom-->Ernie Ball VPJR-->Visual Sound Jekyll And Hyde-->Boss TU-2-->Boss Tr-2-->ISP Decimator-->Dan-Electro Reel Echo-->MXR Micro Amp-->Laney VC-30 2x10

The Cubists
Quote by CommanderCool6
Sure they don't use Devilles?

Positive. There were four of them, each saying 'Fender - Deluxe' on the frontplate.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
30W into a single 12 should be lots of fun at home. The combo has 8 and 16 ohm outputs, the head is only 16. If you can afford it, buy the combo for practice use, and use it through a cab for big gigs where volume becomes an issue.

Edit - here, you might want to have a read of the classic 30 owner's manual
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Last edited by Cosimo_Zaretti at Sep 2, 2007,
30W is plenty for gigs. I've never had to have my amp over half volume at a gig, including doing a room with 300 capacity un-mic'ed. You won't have to worry.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay