So my 4th year of college starts on Wednesday, but I can't register for classes until last year is paid for, which is about $6000. Apparently my FAFSA for last year never got processed so I'm in serious need of money, and quickly. And it's not like I can just skip a semester to sort things out, this is my [hopefully] last year and some of the classes I need are only held every two years, so basically I'm screwed if I don't take them this fall.

I have a case of bad/no credit, and both my parents have horrible credit so I'm pretty sure any type of credit-based loan is out. Is there anyone who can help me in the right direction? Some type of need-based loan instead of credit-based? I would so greatly appreciate it if someone could offer some serious advice, I'm pretty screwed right now
Yes you are screwed
Oh and for help
Sell yourself on corner
Sell kidney
Insert every other unfunny cliche
a classy buisnessman once said

"selling your own organs is easy.. if you wanna be a really good buisness man.. sell someone elses organs"
Yeah you're pretty much going to have to go with a "mafia" line of credit.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
he said serious advice. grow up....
Alvarez Acoustic with the fret buzz mod
Lotus Strat knock off, kicks a USA strats a**
Line 6 Spider II, permanently on Clean lol
Zoom MRT-3B Drum Machine
Talk to the Financial Aid department immediately. And why didn't you take care of all of this sooner? Didn't you know that last year hadn't been paid for?
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
Quote by hairysox33

In case you didn't realize, this is the pit you're posting in.
student loan (even though those are bad, it sounds like your best option) as long as you can pay it back fairly quick after graduation because otherwise the interest will literally take you into debt
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Sell a kidney.
Sell yourself.
Sell semen to sperm banks.
Sell a baby on the Black Market.
Traffic some coke.

Problem solved.

Though, selling the baby should get you more than enough, having that security money is never bad.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
sell teh car
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
if you're american, try astrive student loans, they have great interest rates. but i think they give loans to other people also
Quote by hairysox33

You caught where he said he needed six grand, right? In a week? With arse credit and poor parents? And you're expecting serious, legitimate advice recommending a simple, legal way to accomplish this?
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
Quote by Maxx_Pouwer
In case you didn't realize, this is the pit you're posting in.

In case you didnt realise, theres a time and place for that sort of shit, and its not funny when something like this is on the line. Grow up.
As for the TS's problem, if you have a car and your in need of money that badly, sell it and figure a way around transportation.
Or you could take a shot at getting a loan from a bank.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
You can find institutions that hand out student loans to people with poor credit. Be advised the interest rates will skyrocket when you graduate. Generally you do not pay a dime until you are out of school and off into the "working world."

Do you need some suggestions?
Your parents can get you money thru SALLIE MAE I promise program regardless of their credit history. No BS honest to god. Go talk to your financial aid officer. Assuming you are a U.S. citizen. If not read the above suggestions and good luck cause now I ain't got a clue.

If you are a U.S. citizen your dad might kick the livin **** outta ya. But hey you don't have to pay that back.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by dann_blood
In case you didnt realise, theres a time and place for that sort of shit, and its not funny when something like this is on the line. Grow up.

You missed my point, and for the record, i wasn't trying to be funny
launder money
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by Maxx_Pouwer
You missed my point, and for the record, i wasn't trying to be funny

Please, enlighten me, what is your point?
So your saying that because he posted in the pit asking for serious help, that we act like this? Is it standard for people in the pit to act like douche's all the time?
Really, grow up.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by dann_blood
Please, enlighten me, what is your point?
So your saying that because he posted in the pit asking for serious help, that we act like this? Is it standard for people in the pit to act like douche's all the time?
Really, grow up.

Yes it is pretty standard. Look at the first reply for the Whole Greece Is Burning Up thread for evidence. I don't know why you expect a bunch of teenager guitar players to act like financial advisors
Last edited by Maxx_Pouwer at Sep 2, 2007,
yeah he's definately not asking the right place.
but if ur doing it without a loan think of it about 1000$ a day

just rob 6 different stores in 6 different days and ur set.
talk to Financial Aid ASAP. They could potentially give you an extension for you to get your finances in order. if they can't help you could try Astrive student loans, what Jackal58 said, or sell something. honestly don't be too optimistic though, cuz you're gonna get ****ed by interest or get ****ed out of a car/something expensive. Either way you'll prolly need a cosigner, so this just doesn't look good, man...I find it absolutely unbelieveable that you weren't on top of this already... I know you don't want a lecture but this really is ridiculous.
Good luck though, whatever you do.
Quote by Maxx_Pouwer
Yes it is pretty standard. Look at the first reply for the Whole Greece Is Burning Up thread for evidence. I don't know why you expect a bunch of teenager guitar players to act like financial advisors

No it's not the standard, the Pit is for threads that aren't covered in other forums, not for people spamming stupid memes and other bullshit.
Quote by Vantage
No it's not the standard, the Pit is for threads that aren't covered in other forums, not for people spamming stupid memes and other bullshit.

Its not the purpose, but it happens. The purpose of ghettos isn't to have a ton of crime there, but it happens. So by posting a thread like this in the pit, you should expect stuff like that to happen, just like you would expect something to go down it the bad neighborhoods.
Quote by Maxx_Pouwer

I hate to bring this into it, but I wouldnt expect much better from an 07'er.
Someone asks for serious advice, your going to be a smart ass, you dont post. Sure, the occasional one is funny, but when every macho-king of the pit with an inflated ego comes here with that attitude it sinks the pit to new lows.
Quote by Vornik
Quote by dann_blood
I hate to bring this into it, but I wouldnt expect much better from an 07'er.
Someone asks for serious advice, your going to be a smart ass, you dont post. Sure, the occasional one is funny, but when every macho-king of the pit with an inflated ego comes here with that attitude it sinks the pit to new lows.

I give up. I could say whatever, but I will always be the stupid 07'er. Im done for tonight, cya all.
Don't they have student loans at your college?

You know, those that you don't pay till you graduate and find a job.
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
Quote by Maxx_Pouwer
Its not the purpose, but it happens. The purpose of ghettos isn't to have a ton of crime there, but it happens. So by posting a thread like this in the pit, you should expect stuff like that to happen, just like you would expect something to go down it the bad neighborhoods.

Yeah, you can expect it now. Because The Pit has gone way downhill since too much posts contains "Barrell Roll" or "Icy Hot".
Lesson learned? didn't college orientation teach you anything about responsability and looking after yourself? Was it the case that you were too lazy to get your FAFSA stuff done in time? pfft oh well, the only good advice i can offer is take one of those loans for students you see on tv, the ones you don't pay until you graduate.
Other than that, if your parents have credit cards they can pay it off with that or just pay an amount and hopefully as a responsible adult you are, (and your parents of course) you have some cash stashed somewhere for this kind of situation.
Quote by Vantage
Yeah, you can expect it now. Because The Pit has gone way downhill since too much posts contains "Barrell Roll" or "Icy Hot".

+1, the pit was a far better place once upon a time.

Oh, and to the other guy, the reference of being an '07er was simply you joined right after the pit had gone through major slumps.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for your help everyone.

And to the people criticizing me: I completed the FAFSA over a year ago, it was processed and sent to my college. I called repeatedly to make sure they got it and they kept blowing me off, saying "not yet, we'll call you when we get it..." and other bullshit, until I finally called and they said "oh, it's too late for that now". So they fucked up and didn't feel the need to tell me, which only makes this whole situation more frustrating.