Page 1 of 5
well, most other states have it, so why not.

All people who live upstate or wherever post here.

Guess ill go first?

15 year old bassist looking for rock/emo/alternative band.

I have my own gear.

I am 3 years exped.

my influences are: Paramore, Fall Out Boy, Hellogoodbye, Sherwood, and The Fray.

Aim: EsaiElite

i live in nyc, queens flushing area.
17 year old guitarist looking to start a progressive/any and all types of metal band. No boundaries.

I've been playing guitar for 7 years. Looking for band members who are dedicated, heavy into songwriting, creative, and open-minded.

I live in Suffolk County, Long Island.

Favorite Bands at the moment: The Absence, AGALLOCH, DARK TRANQUILLITY, Death, Demons & Wizards, Dimmu Borgir, DREAM THEATER, Emperor, ICED EARTH, IN FLAMES, Machine Head, NEVERMORE, Nightwish, NILE, OPETH, WINTERSUN.

Aim: Ax3slinger

Email: Disturbed7690@optonline.net
18 yr old Guitarist/Singer/Screamer Looking for any type of metal or whatever band around the Plattsburgh area in Upstate New York....I have my own gear...I can drive...I have around 7 to 8 years of experience...

AIM: Death by Discord
Gear List

Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey 6505+
Mesa 4x12 Slant Cab
Boss NS2
Boss TU3
Last edited by DeathbyDiscord at Sep 2, 2007,
I am 17 and me and my 2 friends actually have a band. We have about 2 yrs of experience together and are talented musicians. We have already started writing music but we do not have a singer so it is hard without one.we live in Suffolk county (Smithtown) and are currently looking for a singer. We would like to be alternative and our greatest influences are RHCP, foo fighters, envy on the coast, rush, Rage against the machine, Jimi hendrix, zeppelin, and much more.
I live in Smithtown also. Do you go to east or west?

Edit: You're in Louisiana Sky. I saw you guys play at the East battle of the bands. Can't remember who you are though lol.
Last edited by metal7690 at Sep 2, 2007,
Yo dude i go to east and yes we are louisiana sky. Come on you gotta remember us. We played Party Hard(andrew WK), cowboys from hell (pantera) and Know your enemy(RATM). and by any chance do u sing? cause that would b amazing.
hey whats up Im 16 (seventeen in a monthish..wow that makes me sound younger but w.e), looking for a band as either guitar or backing vox or lead vox. I like to play simplistic, yet solid music with a strong sense of musicianship. Main influences are the White Stripes, the Decemberists, AFI, anti flag, Blood Brothers, Atreyu (more of their older stuff), Pink floyd, Muse, Placebo, Les Paul, Hendrix (some of his cleaner stuff, not that his way out there stuff is bad), joy division as well as others.
yeah definatly, id love to audition, um what kind of music do you play and what kind of range do you want?
EDIT: also wherabouts are you and do you want more of a clean, broadway or lounge style or more of a pushed garage rock style. Finally, are you looking more for arrainged vocal parts or just notes that sound good with the song.
Well to start off we are leaning to an alternative feel sorta. We have some stuff written so we can show you when you audition. The range really doesnt matter and you dont even have to be amazing. We are just looking for someone who is decent and somewhat knows what they are doing. We are in Smithtown out of the island and once again you'll hear our sound wen you audition. And about the arranged vocals im thinking we r just gonna find a melody that sounds sick and harmonize to it. So we will have to see where that is going. And just to add we defineitly have a strong sense of musicianship because we are all actually taking AP theory in school, chorus, and also play other instruments which we are pretty damn good on.
and do u have AIM by any chance b/c it would be alot easier to talk over that. If you do wats ur sn?
ok cool, i pmed you my aim.
also, wow im also taking chorus and AP theory cool (though i just learned to read for realsies this summer, but im getting the hang of tonic supertonic etc. relationships on my own so the course should help me expand what i know alot). Um do you know where smithtown is on the island (as in how far from penn?)?
oh bassman i got your pm but couldnt figure out how to send one back, so its cool best of luck.
soon to be sixteen year old guitarist and soon to be sixteen year old drummer looking for a guitarist or bassist or singer, if you can do any combination of the two that'd be good . I, myself, am influenced by bands from the late 60's to early 90's and a newer band or two such as AC/DC aerosmith alice in chains anthrax black sabbath black label society van halen zz top lynyrd skynyrd guns n' roses velvet revolver iron maiden hendrix stuff like that, but im open to play almost anything. My drummer is influenced by newer screamo like silverstein thursday and a bunch of other bands i don't know (being im not into the stuff)
so if anyone is interested let me know and we'll talk
we are located in the western new york (buffalo niagra region)
hey i'm from around westchester new york and i'm 16 years old, i have 3 years of guitar experience and i play mostly classic rock. i will play pretty much anything you throw at me if you want me for a band.
Quote by tehREALcaptain
hey whats up Im 16 (seventeen in a monthish..wow that makes me sound younger but w.e), looking for a band as either guitar or backing vox or lead vox. I like to play simplistic, yet solid music with a strong sense of musicianship. Main influences are the White Stripes, the Decemberists, AFI, anti flag, Blood Brothers, Atreyu (more of their older stuff), Pink floyd, Muse, Placebo, Les Paul, Hendrix (some of his cleaner stuff, not that his way out there stuff is bad), joy division as well as others.

hey, wut area of new york you live, i live western... around buffalo area... lookin to join band, i am a guitarist
Quote by dustnbones316
soon to be sixteen year old guitarist and soon to be sixteen year old drummer looking for a guitarist or bassist or singer, if you can do any combination of the two that'd be good . I, myself, am influenced by bands from the late 60's to early 90's and a newer band or two such as AC/DC aerosmith alice in chains anthrax black sabbath black label society van halen zz top lynyrd skynyrd guns n' roses velvet revolver iron maiden hendrix stuff like that, but im open to play almost anything. My drummer is influenced by newer screamo like silverstein thursday and a bunch of other bands i don't know (being im not into the stuff)
so if anyone is interested let me know and we'll talk
we are located in the western new york (buffalo niagra region)

yooo i play guitar around buffalo, new york area as well dustnbones316... iv been lookin 2 join a band for awile now and have the same influences as you, classic rock... but also some metal and speed metal such as Metallica and Dragonforce, Iron Maiden and such, but n e ways im intrested in joinin up with u guys as a guitarist... get in touch with me

AIM = sNaKeEyEzz1143
Okay, located on LI, Suffolk, Patchogue to be specific. 14 yr old female guitarist with vocals. 4 yrs experience, looking for a practice band or maybe something more. influences are: John Mayer, Clapton, Hendrix, MCR, The Used, Killswitch Engage, and oh yeah- The Cranberries. Very open to anything, cant do screamo though.
And So Castles Made Of Sand
Melt Into the Sea
Eventually...
Quote by tehbassman
any1 on long island?

im guessing you play bass, guitarist here, vocals optional.
And So Castles Made Of Sand
Melt Into the Sea
Eventually...
Quote by Hitting Bottom

15 year old bassist looking for rock/emo/alternative band.

I have my own gear.

I am 3 years exped.

my influences are: Paramore, Fall Out Boy, Hellogoodbye, Sherwood, and The Fray

sounds good im 14yo downtown manhattan
Ah it's a long shot but are there any drummers available in NYC who would like to play with my band? Just lost our drummer and we are looking for a replacement so we can continue working on new material.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
yeah, I play bass
I live in a town of Mt. Morris
its near Rochester and about an hour away from Buffalo
im 16
and i mostly play Hard Rock and Metal
so...got a band that needs Bass?
My myspace- www.myspace.com/arblenarble
Check it out, it sucks
but im a decent bassist

But if you got a punk band i can do guitar too

but then who cant?
Last edited by Chameleon220 at Oct 12, 2007,
hey i live in westchester in tarrytown if anyone is interested in jamming or starting a band.

I've got 3 years of guitar experience. I listen to everything and will play anything.

I'm also a pretty decent vocalist and will sing if needed.
bassist, guitarist living in saratoga county
20 years old 3 years experience
looking for anybody who want to jam and compose

EDIT : do not pay atention to my location, I don't live in quebec city anymore
Ibanez SR405
Ibanez RG 7321
Windsong with floyd rose and dimebucker

Ibanez tbx65 guitar amp
yamaha 300 watt bass amp

I use heavy pick, cuz this is how we do it dawg
Last edited by ST-XeMo at Oct 23, 2007,
15 year old guitarist, 4 years of expirence. Into Metal, Prog Metal, Death Metal mostly, though am open to some suggestions. Main unfluences are System of a down, Dream theater, Dethklok, (yes I am serious about that, they did score 21 on billboards after all) Arch Enemy, Nevermore, Muse, Rage Against the Machine, Rammstein, Van Halen (orbviously there are more, though those were from the top of my head). I live in Hastings, and am looking to Jam with some peeps.
Page 1 of 5