ok im trying to buy a used edwards guitar
and in the description it says
"Lock nut and the strings tension bar are missing."
wtf does that mean?
should i still get it is that stuff hard to replace?
locking nuts are for the tremelo bar, it keeps your guitar from untuning when you use the bar, so yes you do need it.
And the tension bar is probably important as well but i forget what it does, someone smarter than me will tell you that lol. What the heck is an edwards guitar by the way?
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
what is it the cheap version of?lol
my gear:
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
yamaha beginners guitar
Fender 65R amp
you shouldnt buy that guitar then. you'll have a crappy time tuning your guitar all the time
oh i see them on ebay now, it's more like Esp has LTD's and subgroups like that
my gear:
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
yamaha beginners guitar
Fender 65R amp
yeah but does any one know about my question the guitar with shipping comes out to 530 bux
and is retailed for about 800 new
Last edited by edge11 at Sep 2, 2007,
probably means there is no locking nut and that there is no whammy bar for the trem. But thats just an educated guess.
Guitars:
Fender MIM Telecaster
Epiphone SG Goth
Ibanez Soundgear Bass
Amps:
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Crate BT-50
Some guitars have a string retainer bar behind the locking nut, it helps keep the action low really.....

EDIT: Here we go i found an example,

Last edited by hmmm_de_hum at Sep 3, 2007,
i dunno, that guitar comes with an OFR, right? might be worth hitting up www.floydrose.com to see if you can buy a locking nut and retainer bar separately. you'd also need to make sure it's the correct locking nut, floyd rose make several.

and edwards are a lot nicer than epiphone (unless you mean japanese epiphones)...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
my jackson doesn't have a retainer bar behind the thing..is that bad?lol
my gear:
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
yamaha beginners guitar
Fender 65R amp
^ is it meant to have one? if it didn't have one from the get-go, that pretty much means the neck angle is fine as it is, so you're fine.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well i bought a gotoh locking nut which came with a string retainer for like £20 ($40). first thing you need to do is check which trem comes with the edwards (odds are it's an OFR, but best check). then look up www.floydrose.com to see if you can buy their locking nut and string-retainer bar separately. bear in mind, they'll have several different sizes of nuts, you need to make sure you get the correct one.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
and edwards are a lot nicer than epiphone (unless you mean japanese epiphones)...

I don't know what you're smoking man. Normally, I agree with you, but Edwards are horrible. All of the hardware is cheap, the wood is subpar for mid-ranged guitars, and the tuners are horrible. The only good thing about them is that they come stock with actual seymour duncans, but that doesn't justify their price.
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
^ how many have you tried, out of interest?

I've only tried one (they're pretty rare here, obviously enough for something that you have to order from japan), and obviously I can only base my opinion on that, but it was really sweet. EDIT: nicer than a gibson i tried head to head with it.

most of the people on HC and TGP agree with me, too. Gotoh hardware etc, as far as I'm aware.

Also, did you try the lacquer taste series?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i tried one of the lacquer tastes. i think the general consensus is that they have the "mojo" and sound slightly nicer, but the non-lacquer tastes aren't to be sniffed at either.

I'm just interested, you know? As far as I was aware the general consensus was that they're great, which was borne out by the one I tried. I mean I'm considering getting one. Then someone makes a random comment that they suck, and you kinda wonder what they know that you don't...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
also some of the things wmzbomgzors posted don't really make sense... the hardware is gotoh as far as i'm aware, and the wood seemed pretty good (one piece african mahogany back, one piece african mahogany neck) on the one i tried, etc.

Nearly makes you wonder if he has it confused with another brand or something (though he did have the pickups correct).

anyway, treat this as a bump.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
not that much (like £20 here in the UK), if you can find one which fits (which is more problematic).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?