So i've been playing for a few years, i have a Dean Dimebag Darrell Signature Guitar(Snow Camo Finish) it has grover tuning pegs, but i notice that when i tune it to standard E-A-D-G-B-E, i notice that sometimes (especially after soloing) that my G string will be out of tune usually around a half step down (F#) all my other stings will still be perfectly in tune after playing many songs but that G string sometimes goes down, is there any problems that i can fix to help this problem?
Thanks
I don't know how to fix it, but I've always had the same problem with the g string, with all my guitars (I own several, and have owned several others). Perhaps it's just something that happens, but then again I do most of my bends on the g string, which is a logical explanation for both of us probably...do you do allot of bends in your solos?
Yeah I do alot of bends and vibratos while i solo, when I need to really bend the G string Im usually i little gun shy because of being afraid of pulling it out of tune, but theres not a lot you can do in the middle of a song.
mine doesn't often get that out of tune that quickly, but my g-string is always the first to go out of tune, also. it...sucks. just learn to deal with it i guess. if the song i'm about to play has a lot of g-string bending on it, i'll usually tune a bit sharp right before the song, as well.
i think if you use a set of strings with a wound g they stay in tune better
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100