K guys,i've made up my mind and i already am going to get a S470,which has a floating bridge..being new to electrics,some people said that i should get a fixed bridge instead..Whats the difference between these two in terms on how long they can stay in tune and what other steps i must take to restring a guitar with a floating bridge..

Is the whammy bar essential to you?
For me my set-up is a 2005 Gibson SG voodoo.

Going through a Boss OC-3 Octave Pedal, Digitech Grunge Pedal, Boss DD-3 Digital Dealy Pedal.

And finally the amp is... A, B-52 AT-112
with the floating bridge if you play too hard you can move it out of place so its recommended to new players that they get a fixed bridge to stay in tune and keep the action set correctly.

ive only have been playing a year and thats what ive been told from the start between teh two.

and for restringing, it's the same as every other guitar....take it one string at a time so the bridge stays in place.
there is also the trick to take a something hard and flat to stick inbetween the bridge and the body to keep the bridge almost level while changing strings

but the zr trem on the s series is pretty low maintence and is supposed to have a stop bar in the back(so i am told), so you should be fine with the s470
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
the ZR trem also stands for zero resistance..good one i heard,and it has also been said to stay in tune very well
the question is will you use the floating trem. if not, I'd go fixed bridge so it will be easy to tune the strings and to adjust the intonation. It won't be a hassle.

and to samlocke14, do a search in the forums and create your own thread. the edge III sucks.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

the edgeIII isnt that awful

the rg350 is still a decent guitar, but yea. the edgeIII isnt that good
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
I considered the s470 and the rg..i've made a thread about it,one of my most successful..check it out ''RG350 or S470''and..or just click on my profile for a faster way to reach the thread..and for the s470,it has something at the back of the guitar that allows for easy adjustments for the bridge ,i'm only going for the S470 cos its affordable and can stay in tune for a long time...and also cost its super sleek with its super thin body...but any recomendations on other ibanez electrics that can stay in tune for the same amount of time,affordable,and look good would be appreciated..
Last edited by NoobOnZone at Sep 2, 2007,
k,how about the IC400? the guy in System of a down uses it..and i find it really cool...except for the edge lll bridge...maybe i can change it?hm..i think forget bout it,it doesn't have no whammy bar..i think i'll just stick to the s470..unless you people have suggestions? please,all would be appreciated
Last edited by NoobOnZone at Sep 2, 2007,