Does anyone else here get faster when playing without looking, or am I just weird?
Well its possible. I think if you look at the guitar you start to think too much and you mess up, rather than just letting your fungers do the work.
Hey Meg.
Proud of you.
What?

Well, I don't think I get "faster" when I look away, but it keeps my mind off of what's going on and...

Wait, what? o.o
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Jeff Healey?

A lot of us are a little better than we realise on the guitar - quite often you feel you need to be looking at the fretboard when in reality your hands know where to go pretty well. The act of looking for a fret, and then moving to it will take longer for your brain to process than simply moving to it therefore, provided you know your way around the neck, you can often play quicker without looking.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
If you disable one of your senses, the others work better so yeah I think it's possible. Not looking will focus you more on your 'touch' sense.
Quote by PullTigerTail
Well its possible. I think if you look at the guitar you start to think too much and you mess up, rather than just letting your fungers do the work.
Exactly this.

I find I can be playing really well, but then the second I look down at what I'm doing, I **** up hugely, and then it all just falls apart. To play well I need to not look at what I'm doing.
Quote by Chimeray
If you disable one of your senses, the others work better so yeah I think it's possible. Not looking will focus you more on your 'touch' sense.

yeah that makes sense