Hi people

I was wondering if it is possible to connect my electric guitar to my computer, and record the sound in that way? If it is, please tell me what kind of soundcard and eventually other hardware I will need to do this.

Thank you.
hehe, your gonna get this one in danish, don't know how to describe it in English :P
Du skal købe en minijack converter, så det bliver et lille jackstik ( ligesom i din computer ) istedet for de store jacks fra Guitaren og ampen.
og altså, hvad lydkort angår, så aner jeg ikke hva du ska ha
//My 50Cents
Line 6 make a lot of that sort of stuff. I think it's called a Tone Port. It plugs into your computer, and it comes with software. It converts your guitar signal into a digital signal.
If your amp has a line out (or headphone jack) then you can go from your amp into your computer. The guitar directly into your computer will not work (with a standard jack anyway)

pepsi
Quote by Trixxr
hehe, your gonna get this one in danish, don't know how to describe it in English :P
Du skal købe en minijack converter, så det bliver et lille jackstik ( ligesom i din computer ) istedet for de store jacks fra Guitaren og ampen.
og altså, hvad lydkort angår, så aner jeg ikke hva du ska ha
//My 50Cents

Okay, mange tak. Vil jeg prøve at se på så

Quote by sashki
Line 6 make a lot of that sort of stuff. I think it's called a Tone Port. It plugs into your computer, and it comes with software. It converts your guitar signal into a digital signal.

Thanks for the reply. I'll try search it up.
Quote by pepsi_lovr
If your amp has a line out (or headphone jack) then you can go from your amp into your computer. The guitar directly into your computer will not work (with a standard jack anyway)

pepsi

My amp has a headphone jack, so should it be possible to connect it to my microphone jack in my computer?