My brother is considering upgrading the speaker in his Blues Junior to a Vintage 30 and would like to hear what the combination would sound like.

I have an Orange PPC112 with a 16 Ohm Vintage 30, considering the Blues Junior uses an 8 Ohm speaker, would it be safe to run the Blues Junior into the Orange cabinet?

Also, any suggestions on speakers that go well with a Blues Junior?
Thanks.
With the speaker, it depends what sound he's after. And I'd ask around a bit more, I dont think you should be connecting the BJ to something thats a higher impedence.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I would definetly reccomend against running a blues junior through a vintage 30. Although the name says 'vintage', the tone is really not very vintage at all. More like 80's rock and hair metal tones, its a very very aggressive speaker.

You could, theoretically run the blues junior through an 16 ohm speaker, because it is higher, but its generally best to match impedences.

Theres a lot of great speaker replacement choices for the blues junior. Weber makes some very nice speakers if you're playing blues or bluesy classic rock. It really depends on what you're playing/
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
Speaker choice is a big part of your sound. It's not so much matching a speaker up to an amp, as it is matching a speaker to the type of sound you WANT to get out of the amp.

You can safely run the BJ thru a 16 ohm speaker, but it will sound a little different than the same speaker at 8 ohms.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I think the reason he wants to try the BJ through the Vintage 30 is to see if there is a noticable improvement over the stock speaker. He plays blues/classic rock with a Stratocaster and an SG, and he's going for a Clapton/Page/Hendrix kind of sound. I've heard a lot of good things about Webers, any particular model which will work well for these sounds and anywhere you can get them in the UK?
Yeah a vintage 30 is not a very good choice for CR and Blues, especially for those artists that you listed.

I think that Webers are not a good deal in the UK, so my suggestion would be to look at a Celestion Greenback.

As for functionality, the vintage 30 hookup will physically work.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors