Page 1 of 8
I see alot of people on forums all over the internet whinging and bitching about Emo's
And i suppose i'm just curious about why people hate them so?

I'd prefer it if the kind people didn't turn it into a degenerate flame fest, Just want some civilized answers on you're dislikes.
I think we talked about this last week.

I made several friends, despite the fact that I pretty much made fun of everything that ever was ever.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Most of the ones i try talk to talk very little and when they talk its usually rather dull and depressing.

Most aren't really depressed and are just following a retarted trend. Plus it makes all the people with real depressant problems seem fake which is digusting.

Lifes awesome. Wearing tight leather pants and using your sisters eyeliner doesn't make you cool. They just look like tools.
I dislike anything that involves wearing massive amounts of black, and the clashing it with small amounts of bright colors just to be.. Ironic? Witty? I dunno.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by rocknrollstar
Most of the ones i try talk to talk very little and when they talk its usually rather dull and depressing.

Most aren't really depressed and are just following a retarted trend. Plus it makes all the people with real depressant problems seem fake which is digusting.

Lifes awesome. Wearing tight leather pants and using your sisters eyeliner doesn't make you cool. They just look like tools.

Amen.
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
They look like idiots. I don't mind the music as I don't listen to it, but the fans just look like complete idiots.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ENOUGH!

Just die in a fiery pit of Hell with Sodom and Gommorah and pillars of salt!

ENOUGH OF THE EMO DEBATE!

ENOUGH OF THE SCENE KID DEBATE!

SOMEONE GET ME ACCESS TO THE AMERICAN NUCLEAR PROGRAM SO I CAN END THIS FOR ONCE AND FOOOOOOOOOOOR AAAAAAAAAAAALLL!!1!1

*reported*
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Well, yeah, they can get irritating, but isn't it a bit far the way people throw death threats at them?
I envy them because they are the only people with feelings.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Being depressed over nothing is just pathetic, and just adds to the problem of overdiagnosis of depression nowdays, with the prosac nations. When a popular trend is about being sad- the world is in serious trouble.
Who reads sigs anyway
Quote by rocknrollstar

+1 This guys basically covered everything, also they always order cheese-burgers from Hungry Jacks (Burger King in america)
they pretend their life is so 'dark' and bad..
and cut their wrists (not all of them I know) to get some attention.
if it wasn't for attention, they'd do it properly and really kill themselves.

they forget there are people with REAL problems to..

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by raise_the_dead
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ENOUGH!

SOMEONE GET ME ACCESS TO THE AMERICAN NUCLEAR PROGRAM SO I CAN END THIS FOR ONCE AND FOOOOOOOOOOOR AAAAAAAAAAAALLL!!1!1

*reported*

+1 though
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Generally I think people hate them because how they talk is annoying. If you talk to them they have this annoying drawling type voice and all they talk about is how depressing life is and how you are being controlled by the corporations... we have goths for that people! Emo's are gay goths. (and their music is terrible too... I hate ripping on music... but seriously, wtf is that crap?)

pepsi
They think Gerrard Way is some kinda god.

'Nuff said
Screw you guys, i'm goin home
Quote by paper shredder
because they think they are cool when they are gay.

My post was going to be: "Ha! Where do I begin?" but that actually is a good starting point.

Chavs>Emos
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=659936&highlight=Emo\

There it is.

By the way, you just walk into any random thread and find out why people hate them. It's randomly brought up by at least one person each and every time.
Quote by vintage x metal

haha. It's great how after raise the dead explodes the thread continues as if no-one heard him.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Quote by noxiosimitator
they pretend their life is so 'dark' and bad..
and cut their wrists (not all of them I know) to get some attention.
if it wasn't for attention, they'd do it properly and really kill themselves.

they forget there are people with REAL problems to..

er, i dont know about oyu, but to me that seems like a real and serious problem no?
Quote by yawn
There are most certainly not the same thing. They share the same notes, but then again a hamburger and vomit could share the same molecular composition.

Need a laugh?

Quote by GeneralGrim
Lmao. You, sir, just made my year.
This thread comes up every week.

I can't believe this stupid "emo" thing has continued to grow from around late 2003. By 2006 it was a joke.
Quote by raise_the_dead
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ENOUGH!

*reported*

So much for civilized.. though letting you at some nukes would solve a couple of problems here and there...
Quote by Kensai

+1 though

But no really, this has all been done a MILLION times before!

1) Threadstarter asks us why emos are so hated
2) About a hundred users rattle off the usual stereotypes
3) A bunch of people come up in defense of emos
4) A million people will state that emo music sucks
5) This leads to a history lesson on emotional hardcore
6) Debate over whether FOB and Co are emo not
7) Difference between scene kids and emo kids
8) All of the above are peppered with lots of flaming

You seen one thread on emos, you seen em all.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by leeb rocks
haha. It's great how after raise the dead explodes the thread continues as if no-one heard him.

I know

See, at least YOU know how to respect a veteran Pit monkey!
I don't like emos because they're just looking for attention. All the emos at my school try to outdress each other and be more emo than each other, it's hilariously retarded.

With that said I wouldn't go as far as to send them death threats...

^You. Don't post in a reported thread.
Quote by gflip69
Someone called me on my landline (home phone) and asked me where I was.
they hang around in the center of our city and sit there all day doing nothing!

you go in the city have something to eat, you wanna sit down and go through what you've bought, but they're all there hogging all the seats!
(anyone lives in brisbane might know what i'm talking about)

and plus they say they wanna die but they dont
Quote by Jack Off Jill
By the way, you just walk into any random thread and find out why people hate them. It's randomly brought up by at least one person each and every time.

That was pretty much the problem I was trying to address in the first place, It seems to come up in complety unrelated threads..
some actual intelligent advice....

i hate emos because they get all 'depressed' (which i doubt most of them are, they just want to look baaadasss) over stupid **** like 'omg i hate school cause im not in the cool group' or sum **** like that. What about all the people in 3rd world countries where there are permanently starving and have worms eating their way out of their stomachs. Now THEY have the right to be depressed. Seriously, some people are just weak.
they look like car crashes on 2 legs xD thats why
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
Because they have everything anyone could ever need at still moan about life
Quote by raise_the_dead
I know

See, at least YOU know how to respect a veteran Pit monkey!

Aww.. Want a hug?
Quote by vintage x metal

Because they're either middle class or rich kids who like to act like they had any problems through their life.
It pisses the **** out of me to see spoiled brats act like they have any problems.
What is stupid about this emo thing is, in the UK, most of the "cool" people are emo/scene/act like sheep (all the same effectively). So it's like a hilarious paradox of stupidity.
Quote by And2001PT
Because they're either middle class or rich kids who like to act like they had any problems through their life.
It pisses the **** out of me to see spoiled brats act like they have any problems.

I'm sorta curious as to how you know this though... god? is that you?
Quote by And2001PT

+1.
its the way they act really, there stupid myspaces poses/names and the way they always act as if there well hot(even if people think they are)