If there's an American law that bothers me, it's the Slavery Reparation law

I'm not American, but let me see if I get this straight.

'(The specific actions regarding reparations for slavery include the government apologizing to slave descendants for their hardships, and awarding them financial and/or other compensation.)'

So basically there are black people receiving money and benefits from things that happened hundreds of years ago, before they, their parents, possibly even their grandparents were born?
I really hate this wave of PC that's sweeping the world, especially America.

Just out of curiousity, are murder, theft, disease, war and whatnot victims' descendants receiving cash too?
That's stupid. Try paying every single relative of the victims of 9/11 and the Iraq war money so the can 'be repaired'. (9/11 and the Iraq war are not stupid)
Quote by minibrowny
Your point being?

It's ridiculous and a way to further accentuate double standards
Quote by SpaceDementia99
That's stupid. Try paying every single relative of the victims of 9/11 and the Iraq war money so the can 'be repaired'. (9/11 and the Iraq war are not stupid)

Uhh.. the families of veterans who die DO receive money.. actually, the veteran receives money if he's given honorable discharge for medical leave as well.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Uhh.. the families of veterans who die DO receive money.. actually, the veteran receives money if he's given honorable discharge for medical leave as well.

Ok, maybe that was a bad example. Sorry.
Quote by And2001PT

'(The specific actions regarding reparations for slavery include the government apologizing to slave descendants for their hardships, and awarding them financial and/or other compensation.)'

So basically there are black people receiving money and benefits from things that happened hundreds of years ago, before they, their parents, possibly even their grandparents were born?

Just out of curiousity, are murder, theft, disease, war and whatnot victims' descendants receiving cash too?

Also, you're argument is stupid. You want to explain to me why people who helped significantly in bring up a lot of the businesses that are still going today, don't deserve something for their troubles? The grand children of these business owners get something for it when they did absolutely nothing because it was left in their will.

Also, I'd like to point out that a lot of the descendents of these slaves weren't given the opportunity for education for a few reasons: One, at the time the blacks that showed any sign of intelligence would be killed. Two, they weren't allowed into schools, and Three, until the sixties+ they weren't allowed in any good schools. And even if they were, it's a lot harder to get into a school when you've got no money because you've only recently been allowed to work in better jobs that pay more. So.. Maybe a leg up would help.

As for the bit about natural disasters.. Um.. That's lunacy. That's an "act of God". However, the people who were killed in the first flood of New Orleans should get something for the trouble they went through. And no, I'm not talking about Katrina.. I'm talking about Hoover's little farce.

And by the way.. Why do you care, you're not even an American?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Sep 2, 2007,
Quote by FlyingFuc!<
i don't think it passed.
it didn't manifest.

the white devil keeps pushing us brothas down...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Yeah, I mean, why should I care, I'm not even AMERICAN RITE LOOLOL?

And it's not as they're not already getting enough compensations as it is.

You want to play the Good Guy role and pretend like you care about a mistreated ethnic group?
Go take care of the Mexicans,they're the XXI century's slaves.
Quote by And2001PT
Yeah, I mean, why should I care, I'm not even AMERICAN RITE LOOLOL?

And it's not as they're not already getting enough compensations as it is.

You want to play the Good Guy role and pretend like you care about a mistreated ethnic group?
Go take care of the Mexicans.

...My last name is Sanchez, genius. Guess what that makes me.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
...My last name is Sanchez, genius. Guess what that makes me.

AND2001PT = PWNT.
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
Quote by AvengedThrice
AND2001PT = PWNT.

PWNT? How am I pwnt considering I'm portuguese and half of my family is in America (living in ****ty conditions, I might add)?
Quote by And2001PT
And does that change things one bit?

Uhh, yes.

Yes it does.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
Quote by And2001PT
PWNT? How am I pwnt considering I'm portuguese and half of my family is in America (living in ****ty conditions, I might add)?

Because you suggested that Jack Off Jill was pretending to care about, in your words, "mistreated ethnic groups".

From his reply, it is pretty obvious you are pwnt, because he is of the same nationality as one of the "groups" you said he pretended to care about.

Point proven methinks.
Quote by Ez0ph

He knows me well..
How about you let HIM awnser that?

Where were you born, JOJ? How young did you have to start working? Ever have to travel across the world in a cargo ship?
Quote by And2001PT

Because, I'm perfectly aware of the fact that Mexicans are treated worse than most other minorities in the country at this point in time. They are basically the slaves of our contemporary country, because we cannot survive without them. If white people were doing the jobs they were doing, the prices of everything would go up, since we'd have to pay them minimum wage, benefits, etc..

And I'd like to point out that I'm the second generation in my family that didn't have to work in the field. My father was the first..

But that's not the topic at hand, is it? You were talking about blacks and whether or not they should be given reparations, and when I argued that there are valid reasons for them to be given them, you simply changed the subject. Good job.

And so help me God, if anyone brings up the, "Well, my people were ****ed over too, does that mean we should get them?"

I will simply have to say, "Well, that's like saying.. My house was robbed, and the person who did it was never caught. Therefore, the police shouldn't try to catch ANY robbers."
Quote by vintage x metal

No, my point is black people are already receiving an awful amount of 'compensation' as it is, I didn't say they shouldn't get it, I said that giving them even more is bad.
Quote by AvengedThrice
Okay, NOW AND2001PT is PWNT.

Birthday : May 24, 1991

k, tx, don't try to argue about this
Quote by And2001PT

I don't see a single word in this quote that makes it seem like you're complaining that they'll get MORE compensation. It looks to me like you're complaining that they might get any at all, which they won't.

Oh, and there's no reason for ME to answer why you got pwnt, because I'm not the one who said you did.

However, pwnt.. because you are..
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by And2001PT
Birthday : May 24, 1991

k, tx, don't try to argue about this

Are you trying to make a point there?

Because if you are I honestly missed it.

But basically, you're changing the subject now because Jack Off Jill proved that your argument is stupid.

*tut*
Quote by Ez0ph

He knows me well..
Last edited by AvengedThrice at Sep 2, 2007,
I didn't even make any mention to any other compensations in that post.

I said they didn't deserve what they were getting in case that law was passed.
Thank god apparently the State agreed with me.
Am I right in thinking this thread is only going to descend into further flaming?
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
Quote by And2001PT
How about you let HIM awnser that?

Where were you born, JOJ? How young did you have to start working? Ever have to travel across the world in a cargo ship?

I got a job when I turned eighteen.

And no, I didn't ever have to travel across the world in a cargo ship.

However, I'm not a woman either. Am I not allowed to be a feminist?

I'm not Jewish.. Should I be an anti-Semite?
Quote by vintage x metal

You said it yourself, you've been doing fairly well and didn't have to go through that kind of trouble.

Like greety said, this thread took a turn and it's now going nowhere. Let it die.

Unless of course, that kid wants to come in here again and post pwnt.
Quote by greety
Am I right in thinking this thread is only going to descend into further flaming?

Yes
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
^ PWNT.

(I never disappoint.)
Quote by Ez0ph

He knows me well..
Well, question answered.

Closed.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything