Poll: Upgrade or buy new?
Poll Options
View poll results: Upgrade or buy new?
Upgrade
1 6%
Buy new
16 94%
Voters: 17.
Okey dokes, this is my problem. i have a yamaha that isnt even a pacifica, the sort of thing youd find in a supermarket :P: it sounds like Crap even when my friend who is really good play it. (he sounds god on his guitar and crap on mine, i love the feel of it tho, maybe just because im used to it?) Anyway, i dont have much money at the moment, like 160, so i could either replace all the electrics and pickups, and have it serviced for about £180-200 or i could buy a new guitar, trouble is,my dad is so stubborn and will not let me buy a new gutair unless i spend like £400 cos he swears its a great guitar and if i want to upgrade i need to upgrade a lot. So i was thinking something like a schecter hellraiser? i play mainly heavy rock/ metal, but have only been playing for about 6 months. Recomendations?
Last edited by chippythingy at Sep 2, 2007,
its currently a Laney Lx35d, i like the sound of it, but i am a newbie nd have never had anything else ;P
yeah, i wouldnt upgrade it.

mayb look at some budget rc riches? jacksons?

i got my kelly second hand for just over 200 quid, and i totally love it.
Ibanez RG321 is good for the money! about £180 from dolphin music i think
Just save up. Your dad is right IMO, it's better get that £400 ish guitar cus it's gonna be miles better than your current one.
Don't upgrade it yet. First, you've only been playing six months. New guitars shouldn't come until the one year mark At least. And you should save up. For your styles of music, a Schecter or Ibanez would be the obvious choice. But you should look at Epiphone. Great for all styles, and cheap. And you could also make a deal with your parents on getting a guitar at the end of school if you get a certain grade.
Just save up. Your dad is right IMO, it's better get that £400 ish guitar cus it's gonna be miles better than your current one.

Indeed, save up. You probably want to buy a new one in a couple of months anyway when you start noticing your new one isn't quite all that...
A used Washburn wi66 pro can go for about £250 on ebay. That's a fine guitar.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Ebay might be a good idea, but you definitely shouldn't upgrade your yamaha - it's just not worth it. Sell it and add the money to your guitar fund then buy a second hand guitar maybe?
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by Mwoit

Yep. You might as well splash out and get a good guitar rather than taking little steps up by buying cheaper ones. Just use the time to practice on your current one and look forward to how good you'll sound in the (near?) future.
Cheers guys, i think ur right bout saving up for a really decent one but i can think of a lot of other things to spend £400 on! so maybe in the £300 prica range and then buying one in about 5 years?? any ideas on a £300 or should i just wait a real long time and spend loads although im not sure about spenidn 2/3 years money on a guitar....
Quote by guitaruboy
what the hell is "C***" supposed to be? crap?
you dont need to censor that

haha i guess ur an american then. The word is *c u n t* and it's the worst word u can say in the UK, on tv, any time in the day, it will be censored even if words like f--- aren't.

Anyway, definetly don't bother upgrading, just buy the shecter.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
i accidentally voted upgrade, but change that to buy new
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
Quote by eddiehimself
haha i guess ur an american then. The word is *c u n t* and it's the worst word u can say in the UK, on tv, any time in the day, it will be censored even if words like f--- aren't.

Anyway, definetly don't bother upgrading, just buy the shecter.

there was a tv program the other week about the C word, and the presenter figured out that it makes him cool if he says ****

rofl.

and yeah on topic, there is no point upgrading it if it is a low budget guitar. you will be alot more happy with a new guitar when you can fund it, just learn to love the one you have for now!
cheers but its hard to love a guitar that is crapy like, its falling apart. LOL and i never damged it :P
ill do for now seeing as im real bad atm