Are these amps good? As in what genres of music would they do well, I'd love to try one except the only place that has Peaveys isn't getting the Windsor in until December or January I've read a few good reviews about this amp in magazines, and yeah, thats about it.

www.myspace.com/nirvana_rox_ryda_j

Quote by Ovenman
Women don't sh*t.
There's no toilet in the kitchen.

Quote by Yan Yan
!

This thread was made back when i had my old 06 account.

80's hard rock and metal. no cleans worth talking about.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I own one,and as the above poster said, no cleans, well no CLEAN cleans if you know what I mean. Lots of dirt even if you roll back the volume on your guitar, as well as have the gain down on the amp. It gets a great old school (early Metallica/Slayer) metal sound with the gain up. It also does classic rock very well.

If you use an overdrive/eq you could get a more modern metal sound out of it.

In my opinion, best 1 channel amp for the price, if you don't want cleans. I love mine.
Esp JH-200
Austin LP Copy
Esp DV8r
Epiphone Faded G-400 SG
B-52 AT-100 Head
Peavey Royal 8
Id say itd be great as an a/b'd amp, such as having one for clean and one for overdrive, as the windsor has great overdrive for just about any genre that requires it, and if anything, id say it doesnt do metal well, its way too bright.
but yeah, pretty much zero cleans.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
im having a hard time deciding between this and a classic 30/50. think i want the classic though
Quote by Roc8995
Changing strings on a bigsby is alarmingly similar to flossing the teeth of a pissed-off sabertooth tiger while blindfolded.
Quote by timi_hendrix
^ Agreed, in the US at least. In the UK they only go for £50 less than a Laney GH50L.

yeah. if you're in the UK you definitely want to try that laney head to head with the peavey.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by garrett7
im having a hard time deciding between this and a classic 30/50. think i want the classic though

im really wanting the classic 30 as my next amp.
basically, the windsor is a big jcm800, from what i hear.
itd be easier to crank the classic 30, plus itd be easier to carry it around, and have decent cleans.
also, be aware that a 15 watt windsor combo is coming out.
also, he classic 50 ive heard is super heavy. its got a built in fan, and either 2 or 4 speakers so its alot heavier than the classic 30.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by marvelboy_04
im really wanting the classic 30 as my next amp.
basically, the windsor is a big jcm800, from what i hear.
itd be easier to crank the classic 30, plus itd be easier to carry it around, and have decent cleans.
also, be aware that a 15 watt windsor combo is coming out.
also, he classic 50 ive heard is super heavy. its got a built in fan, and either 2 or 4 speakers so its alot heavier than the classic 30.

i think it is stupid thjey have the classic 30 head but not the 50.
Quote by Roc8995
Changing strings on a bigsby is alarmingly similar to flossing the teeth of a pissed-off sabertooth tiger while blindfolded.
oh, well, i was talking about the combo. i guess the windsor would be nice, but ive heard great things about laney.

also, the classic 30 head probably wouldnt be that much louder than a 50 watt head. plus itd be easier to crank.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Last edited by marvelboy_04 at Sep 2, 2007,
heard the windsor has marshall tone.... cheap to for an all tube head.
Quote by Roc8995
The windsor is an okay amp. extremely loud. Very bright and quite a lot of gain. If you want cleans don't get it, if you want overdrive it may be worth taking a look at but even still there are better ways of getting overdrive for $400, and at much more ear friendly levels too! I recommend an amp with good cleans like a Blues Deluxe but I imagine the classic 30 would do well too and using a TS-9 and a TS-9DX, in that order. It will get you a very thick overdrive sound.
Quote by marvelboy_04
oh, well, i was talking about the combo. i guess the windsor would be nice, but ive heard great things about laney.

also, the classic 30 head probably wouldnt be that much louder than a 50 watt head. plus itd be easier to crank.

Really no need to crank a Winsor though. The stack has plenty of Gain at bedroom levels I'd say.
Quote by thebrewfan
The windsor is an okay amp. extremely loud. Very bright and quite a lot of gain. If you want cleans don't get it, if you want overdrive it may be worth taking a look at but even still there are better ways of getting overdrive for $400, and at much more ear friendly levels too! I recommend an amp with good cleans like a Blues Deluxe but I imagine the classic 30 would do well too and using a TS-9 and a TS-9DX, in that order. It will get you a very thick overdrive sound.

I've tried a cranked BJ with a TS-9, and the Windsor was way better overdrive wise IMO. Also, TS9+ Windosr> TS9 + BJ.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by CORT noob
Really no need to crank a Winsor though. The stack has plenty of Gain at bedroom levels I'd say.

I've tried a cranked BJ with a TS-9, and the Windsor was way better overdrive wise IMO. Also, TS9+ Windosr> TS9 + BJ.

TS-9+TS-9DX+BJ>TS-9+Windsor.
Quote by thebrewfan
TS-9+TS-9DX+BJ>TS-9+Windsor.

I'm not sure what a TS9DX is, but I bet TS-9+TS9DX+ Windsor> BJ+TS-9+TS-9DX
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
yeah, the bj *might* be better but only cause you added the extra pedal. if you added the ts9dx to the windsor, it would definitely sound much better than the bj, even tho I personally think the straight ts-9 +windsor combination would sound better.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
with a metal muf in front of it it can do heavey modern metal really really nice

better than a XXX (due to huge price difference)
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Wow, I'm afraid to put anything stronger than my Bad Monkey into my Windsor.
I was thinking about putting my Silver Dragon into it, but that might just result in total feedback and sloppy gain chaos.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Quote by CORT noob
I'm not sure what a TS9DX is, but I bet TS-9+TS9DX+ Windsor> BJ+TS-9+TS-9DX

Nah the Windsor is very harsh overdrive and **** cleans. The bj has nice cleans with no overdrive but with the TS-9 and the DX they sound extremely smooth. Very BRMCesque.
Quote by garrett7
i think it is stupid thjey have the classic 30 head but not the 50.

There is a Classic 50 head.

Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by blackinside79
I own one,and as the above poster said, no cleans, well no CLEAN cleans if you know what I mean. Lots of dirt even if you roll back the volume on your guitar, as well as have the gain down on the amp. It gets a great old school (early Metallica/Slayer) metal sound with the gain up. It also does classic rock very well.

If you use an overdrive/eq you could get a more modern metal sound out of it.

In my opinion, best 1 channel amp for the price, if you don't want cleans. I love mine.

I used to have one and this dude right here summed up everything I was going to say about it. Just make sure you realize that you will get absolutely no cleans worth anything with that amp.
I am the Infantry.
Dont buy a blues junior if you are playing hard rock or metal. It will be a serious disappointment.

They're called Blues Juniors for a reason. The most gain you would ever want to squeeze out of one is late 70's arena rock (think like foreigner) and thats with it cranked, 'buckers and an overdrive pedal.

They're great for what they do, but only that.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors