I've got a nevada guitar, dunno which sort, looks like slash's though. Only problem is that strings d, g, b, wont stay in tune. I stringed it 2 months ago so I know they've had time to settle. Could it be that they're too low gauge? They're 9's. Any help welcomed!
very very very very very easy lol. look at the back of your headstock, some screws. you unscrew them. then on the front of the tuner there should be a nut, unscrew that. thenjust pull it out from behind.

if you get new tuners and they don't fit then you'll need to do some minor routing to make the hole bigger.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/kluson_mg33c_gitarrenmechanik_chrom.htm

they'll most likely fit

you could get even better ones but those will definitely do the job and they're pretty cheap. I have a set on my Les Paul copy and i haven't needed to re tune in about 2 weks
New strings go out of tune easilly, old strings go out of tune easilly, so get new strings.

pepsi
i don;t think it should go out of tune so easily after only 2 months unless it was really heavily used and abused. but yes, try new strings first, give them 3-4 days to stretch and whatnot, if it still goes out then new tuners

edit: unles you use ernie ball super slinkies. they need changed a LOT
The most common place for tuning issues to occur is at the nut. Take a lead pencil or use some Nut Sauce (not kidding, that's really the name.) If you use the pencil just draw through the nut grooves a few times to get the graphite in them. See if it helps. If it doesn't the nut may need filed a little, maybe new tuners, problem could be at the bridge, or (hope I'm wrong) the guitar may not be designed well with good materials. Good luck.
Thanks guys, I've pencilled and will replace the strings when i get a chance. If not I'll go for those tuners. Thanks guys!!
^well every couple of months can be fine depending on use, and if u keep them clean.

but yes, after 2 months, the strings arent settling. that's just the first couple of days.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Buy some Grover locking tuners. I have them and they work great
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music.
I've changed the tuners, put new strings on on saturday. I don't do three wraps only one or two, it's never let me down. I took it to a shop who changed the 'insulation' too, as the tuners and new strings made no difference. Is it worth keeping or shall I just bin it?
Keep it as an educational tool. Or give it to a poor guitar player.
if the tuners are fine, then look at the bridge.

if the saddles are jumping around, then you wont be able to keep it in tune.
what's the guitar worth? is it a TOM?

if you want to try some more, you can invest in new saddles.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I got it for £90 from a trade in place. I wouldn't know how to put a new saddle in, back to the shop i guess lol.
i have the same problem
A drumer is needed!!

In Dammam or Khobar