Page 2 of 2
Thanks dude,that really slapped me into the right track...but i need opinions on which of the four guitars you like up there,
iceman looks a bit like.... try hardish esp if your new
the mtm has a floyd rose i think, so no
Quote by NoobOnZone
Thanks dude,that really slapped me into the right track...but i need opinions on which of the four guitars you like up there,

The GRG121 looks nice as does the GRGM21GB...but I know absolutly NOTHING about these guitars, I haven't even heard people talk about them so I wouldn't listen to me....

the main question is which one do YOU like the most and which one is the cheapest?

you want a guitar that will motivate you to play w/o shelling out a lot of cash, (please feel free to correct me veteran members).

My whole rig (in my sig) cost $300 Cad and I figure I'll probly upgrade it near the end of next year sometime if I get good enough, I'll have the knowledge and "feel" for guitar enough that I'll know what I'm buying much more then this time around.....

that's just my opinion, I hope I was able to help with my limited experience....

-David
My Gear:

Guitar #1: 1997 Fender MIM Strat
Guitar #2: 2007 Epi SG (G-310)

Effects: Roland DS-1 Distortion (for switching in distortion quickly, NOT cause I want a "l33t brootalz tonz!")
Amp: Roland Microcube
kk,how about these,i'm concentrating on looks first,when i have the time then i'll drop by the shop to check for the prices and whether is a good guitar..k,how about the paul gilbert one?
kk,how about these,i'm concentrating on looks first,when i have the time then i'll drop by the shop to check for the prices and whether is a good guitar..k,how about the paul gilbert one?
Last edited by NoobOnZone at Sep 3, 2007,
The Paul Gilbert PGM is really nice. And as a huge plus, it comes with some pretty good pickups. They've got good bite, good low-end and tight response. If you can find it at a price you're willing to pay, then by all means go for it.
A beauty too huh?but i don't really like the dots..kinda lame,possible to get it changed?
HEy,it only has one volume knob?why do so many signature series have only one volume knob?does the pgm301 have a neck thats made for fast fretting?And i'm sure the pgm has a fixed bridge right?the one without the whammy bar?(PGM301_WH)
K,heres the plan.After more research,i decided to go with a fixed bridge instead with a floyd rose on the S470,which was my previous choice.Now here is my NEW choice,even cheaper and cool,and even a signature series,the PGM301WH

neck type 5pc PGM Maple/Walnut neck
body Basswood body
fret Jumbo frets
bridge Fixed bridge
neck pu DiMarzio® Paf Pro® (H) neck pu
middle pu DiMarzio® Jem Single (S) mid pu
bridge pu DiMarzio® Paf Pro® (H) bridge pu

Neck Dimension:

Scale 648mm/25.5"
a : Width at Nut 43mm
b : Width at Last Fret 58mm
c: Thickness at 1st 18mm
d : Thickness at 12th 20mm
Radius 430mmR

Pickup Switching:

So what do you guys think?Its about 720 singapore dollars,and i think it might be my best choice yet..What do you guys think?*first electric*
I think you should try before you buy man. Instead of just looking at a guitar on the Internet and goin "OMG, GETTIN THAT ONE", I suggest you find a store that has this guitar and ask if you can try it out, and see if you like it's sound, the feel of the neck, etc. Cause as a first guitar, you certainly don't want to get something that looks cool off of ebay or whatever and then when you finally get it, realize you hate everything about it, regardless of how valuable it is.
Gear:
- G&L Tribute Series Legacy Guitar
- Behringer V-tone GM108 15-watt amp
i know,i know,but i'm really new to electric and don't know what to play man,sounds stupid but yeah,but i get all of your opinions first
Page 2 of 2