Ash is considered a better tonewood than basswood (and it is, in my opinion). However, I'm not sure the wood affects the tone as much when you use active pickups, though I could be wrong. I guess it comes down to whether or not you want the maple top of the first one, and whether or not you're willing to pay for it.
plain one, IMO quilted looks a bit pooy. i have no other reasons though, so pretty much this post is pointless
Quote by Denthúl
Ash is considered a better tonewood than basswood (and it is, in my opinion). However, I'm not sure the wood affects the tone as much when you use active pickups, though I could be wrong. I guess it comes down to whether or not you want the maple top of the first one, and whether or not you're willing to pay for it.

ahh, well its not a problem on paying for any of those, I already have the good pickups so I have to find a guitar with good looks ESP doesn't have good lowere models to replace pickups on so I'm stuck with Ibanez which seem to make better feeling guitar anyway....

hmm $49 difference not much, but wonder if it would sound any better? =P
Aye, there'd be a tonal difference. I'm not sure how much it would be - I don't use active pickups, and I haven't really compared active and passive in the same guitar. But the one with the quilted top looks nicer anyway
Quote by Denthúl
Aye, there'd be a tonal difference. I'm not sure how much it would be - I don't use active pickups, and I haven't really compared active and passive in the same guitar. But the one with the quilted top looks nicer anyway

ahh, yeah it looks cooler, but I would replace some of the hardware to black rather than the steel silver look but thats cheap fixes

and I'll put Ernie Ball 7 String set in it haha and not use last string

So I assume its worth to pay 49 more for better resonance?
Personally, I would say yes. Ash, to me, is better than basswood, however we do play different styles, so that will have something to do with it. But, as long as you are comfortable with paying for it, I'd say do it. The guitar does look really nice
Quote by Denthúl
Personally, I would say yes. Ash, to me, is better than basswood, however we do play different styles, so that will have something to do with it. But, as long as you are comfortable with paying for it, I'd say do it. The guitar does look really nice

hahaha yeah I play Drop -B and A

but overall if it has better resonance clean then most likely same for distortion so heres what I'll do, get the Ash one and change the pickups and the hardwear such as the tuneres and bridge from that metallic color to black

I play this type of music
I thought EMGs would sound awfully bright with Ash wood?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
I thought EMGs would sound awfully bright with Ash wood?

with Alder wood yes, but this is a hard wood Ash which would be better for lows and mids, but not like Mahogany. and with EMG's you can adjust tonal nobs if it's bright and may depend on your amp and how close the pickups are which you can adjust
Well, that may be true, but Ash is still brighter sounding than Alder.

http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/options/options_bodywoods.cfm

EDIT: I haven't tried Ash with EMGs, but you may like it, so yeah.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Yeah, it's known for its midrange. Some people hate EMgs with basswood, some love 'em.

EDIT: depending on your amp, I think you'll do fine with the RG3EX1QM.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Sep 2, 2007,
Quote by aznrockerdude
Yeah, it's known for its midrange. Some people hate EMgs with basswood, some love 'em.

ahhh, when I played the Basswood one it seemed fairly heavy sound, so it may be same for real EMG's on it.....see I'm trying to make a EMG 81 85 guitar for around 500 to 550 so those two Ibanez Models are nice. so I'll probally get the basswood one, but I'm about to spend quite a bit of money so im asking on the fourms.....see im gona buy Roland Cube 60, BOSS TU-2, and one of these guitars