Page 1 of 2
They are an awesome new thrash band coming from Blighty ( Britain, for the cretins). They have a sound with a mixture of old school Exodus, Slayer, Testament and Metallica.

And, And, And their debut is produced by Flemming Rasmaussen (MoP), it's called Enter the Grave.

www.myspace.com/evileuk
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
VERY good band, i can see them being future stars. Picked up the album last week, came with a free 7" of them too.
**** YEAH!!!!!! I recently joined a thrash band too. It's making a come back I swear. Municipal Waste, Dekapitator and now this. I'm so pumped.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
I remember when the Mansion of Metal was open we were privileged to get a copy of their demo. Good stuff. Was happy for them when they got signed (Earache I believe?). Anywho, cheers to them!
Good stuff.

I don't like a lot of thrash but these guys have got what I like about it.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Just read about them five mins ago in Metal Hammer. They're getting a good write up. Mentioned that they're going to be touring with S.S.S and Municipal Waste later this year as well.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
Yea heard of these guys before, good stuff!
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Where did you get their cd from, logboy? I do need to know.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
Where did you get their cd from, logboy? I do need to know.

I just picked it up from a local metal shop, but i bet you could pick it up in an HMV too since they seem to stock good metal now. I actually got it 2 days before its release, the shop seems to have a habit of doing that
meh......

thrash is thrash.

*headbangs*
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Ug's Drunken Irishman prevails over existence once again +All UG'S Point to you my drunken irish friend.

Black/Folk Metal
these guys are amazing, im buying this later today
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
good stuff, only the vocals need some more power IMO
Quote by greety

Yes we also shot JFK and faked the moon landing here at the UG Metal Forum.
damn i just looked em up, thanks for the info bro. these guys are badass. THRASH IS MAKIN A COMEBACK!! i swear its happining. im in a thrash band myself, best genre on the face of the earth!!
Quote by Yeah Dude
good stuff, only the vocals need some more power IMO

+1

I really like it though. I'm gonna buy it when it comes out in the US.
Got the album last week. Verry good band. Really nice to see that thrash is making a bit of a comeback recently.
I was bad with usernames at age 12. Ah woe.
I listened to the songs on their myspace yesterday and me likey. It's nice to hear a GOOD thrash band which doesn't happen often enough now. Now Hypnosia needs to get back together and release another album...
Kreator > Evile > Slayer

I love it but the vocals remind me of Tom Araya in his prime from some songs in Reign In Blood.

Listen to Armoured Assault. Sick intro sick breakdowns. ****
Who else thinks that 2007 is they year that thrash is coming back? I read that in metal hammer, I agree.

^^^ hey it's seth shadows, we had an argument about how i don't like A7X a couple of days ago. hehe.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
i wish that the "new wave" of thrash bands would introduce something new into their music. Evile kicks ass, but back when thrash was big they would have been just another dime-a-dozen fast riffing band. Nothing really distinguishes them from those bands, but in today's scene they are really different and thats why theyre getting popular. if only there was some innovation.
My band: Take No Prisoners

Quote by Magero
Terrifying. Makes me glad I'm a satanist and a metal-head. I may be going to hell, but I got kick-ass music.
Quote by freddaahh
Who else thinks that 2007 is they year that thrash is coming back? I read that in metal hammer, I agree.

Umm, no.

There's two young bands who are playing it fairly well (even though I personally can't stand Municipal Waste), that's it. It's not a revolution.

That said, I bought their album today, I like.
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Quote by duncang
Umm, no.

There's two young bands who are playing it fairly well (even though I personally can't stand Municipal Waste), that's it. It's not a revolution.

but multiple old thrash bands, like exodus, are starting up again/ already have. while im not sure its gonna restart, its at least not a rotting corpse anymore. now its twitching...
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by The Evil Hat
but multiple old thrash bands, like exodus, are starting up again/ already have. while im not sure its gonna restart, its at least not a rotting corpse anymore. now its twitching...

Umm...Exodus 'started up again' years ago.

Honestly it's all media hype, and some good promotion work from Earache records.
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Quote by duncang
Umm...Exodus 'started up again' years ago.

Honestly it's all media hype, and some good promotion work from Earache records.

so? more and more thrash bands are starting up
Quote by duncang
Umm, no.

You should have seen Metal Hammer from June, there was a whole special on the new rise of thrash and there were about twenty five brand new bands (like Evile, Municipal Waste, SSS) and then ten or fifteen old ones who were starting back up. Thrash is getting bigger, maybe not a revolution though.

It will be when the scene kids convert when deathcore dies.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by freddaahh
You should have seen Metal Hammer from June, there was a whole special on the new rise of thrash and there were about twenty five brand new bands (like Evile, Municipal Waste, SSS) and then ten or fifteen old ones who were starting back up. Thrash is getting bigger, maybe not a revolution though.

It will be when the scene kids convert when deathcore dies.

SSS?
Quote by Dogruitag
i wish that the "new wave" of thrash bands would introduce something new into their music. Evile kicks ass, but back when thrash was big they would have been just another dime-a-dozen fast riffing band. Nothing really distinguishes them from those bands, but in today's scene they are really different and thats why theyre getting popular. if only there was some innovation.

Dude, that's what thrash is. There's not much else you can do it to it that's not been done yet, unless you're talking about doing proggy stuff.
Quote by The Evil Hat
SSS?

Another thrash / crossover band. There's loads more on the metal hammer suggestions.

Also, Wolfpack Unleashed are amazing - kind of like exodus and kreator.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
wow. They're awesome. The riffing on Armoured Assault is wicked fast.
"There but for fortune go you or I"- Phil Ochs
It might not be fresh or anything but it's how thrash should be. It's the Uks answer to Trivium. even though I think Evile are better.
whoa, this is old school style thrash...pretty sweet.
Read my post. Not this.
If you live in LA you know thrash is back, lots of good ****in bands out today
Quote by 0w3n
I remember when the Mansion of Metal was open we were privileged to get a copy of their demo. Good stuff. Was happy for them when they got signed (Earache I believe?). Anywho, cheers to them!

Damn Owen it's been a while, didn't think you still came around here.

Yeah, I remember writing 2 reviews of their 2 demo albums for the Mansion of Metal. I was quite pleased with Evile and I must listen to their new album to see what they're up to.

Quote by Coins
Kreator > Evile > Slayer

I love it but the vocals remind me of Tom Araya in his prime from some songs in Reign In Blood.

Listen to Armoured Assault. Sick intro sick breakdowns. ****

you suck
I'm entitled to double post, so fück off!!!
Quote by Dogruitag

You're right. But all thrash innovations lead to disasters and being labeled something other than thrash (groove, post-thrash [same thing], or all these new bands claiming to be thrash but are crossover, metalcorish, or pure out crap).

Innovation is good, but the main "doctrine" of the genre must be respected: speed, attitude, harshness and unforgiveness.
I'm entitled to double post, so fück off!!!
Page 1 of 2