Page 1 of 4
Well we had the 60s, 70s, 80s and the 90s, something we could all relate to as an era when our favorite bands were in their prime. But we've had nothing in the 2000s, it's all been pretty lame(IMO). We've had a couple of new bands and artists break through which are decent but nothing amazing or new.

So my question is what do you guys think will be new about music in the '10s(2010-2020)

I'm guessing it's going to suck and the only thing new will be some form of "rap/techno" and just more remixes of 80s tracks sped up. Then maybe 2020 onwards somehing new will finally happen.

Discuss....
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Actually, all decades sucked.

For every good artist/band that remained in history, there were 200 lousy ones.
Rap/Techno would be awesome!

Theres been some quality bands this decade and some pretty poor IMO
Same as each

Hopefully things will be good next decade though
There will be a new sensation again though
I sense/hope Hair Metal >_>
Quote by Cadj

Same as each

Have there? I honestly can't think of any note-worthy bands that have come about within the last 7 years.
Funny words.
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
Have there? I honestly can't think of any note-worthy bands that have come about within the last 7 years.

Gogol Bordello.
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man

Maybe Audioslave, maybe...

John Mayer is a great musician too.

there are good bands from the 21st century, they are just VERY few
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
^I kinda like Audioslave and Metric, but they never made a commercial succes. I think that rock'n'roll as a commercial thing is dead for good.
¡ǝɹnʇɐuƃıs sı sıɥʇ
The music scene now is just as good as it used to be. It's just that everyone looks back with rose-tinted glasses and only remembers the good bands. So in the 60s, for every Beatles and Rolling Stones there were 10 Monkees, in the 70s there was some great rock and punk, but lots of crap punk, overblown prog and cheesy pop. Same in the 80s and the 90s.

In a few years we'll have forgotten about all the crap like FOB and Panic at the Disco and only remember the good bands like Muse, Biffy Clyro, Opeth, Mastodon and so on.
I think the music scene at the moment is great for rock and metal, when you remove all the emo crap.
there is always good music in every era.
there are two factors on whether you find any you like
1. How hard you look.
2. How open minded you are.
If you want rock music to slowly de-evolve back into blues, which is what you make it sound like, then don't look forward to anything.
Note worthy bands?
None More Black/ Great punk band
The Flatliners - Great
There's more...

But pwoer pop is making the scene. Like the music all the "Playa Hatahs" call emo. The genre is quite annoying though. EX. Paramore, HelloGoodbye, Cute is What We Aim For, ect
EDIT: I thought you meant the 1910's. That woulda been sweet VAUDEVILLE FTW!
You people make it seem like rock is the only good music around.
This has been a great year for me.
Reggae revival, good D&b is finally being made, since junglists have pretty much disappeared, a GREAT decade for fusion music, great decade for psy and goa trance (especially israeli trance)

It just depends on what kind of music you're into. And still, I think things are looking good for rock.
It's not the 10's (that would be 1910), it's the 00's. And I have wondered about this question for years. And I still don't know.
Quote by frusciante_man1
cakemonster..you are truly my hero
HONK
Quote by DeSean
HONK!I like your cake.
Quote by olif8
And Cakeface, why didn't you sig my

HONK!

from that other thread?

Quote by LordBishek

I can't stand it any longer.

HONK

Honk if you love cake! HONK!!
Quote by Cadj

Same as each

i'll bring the hair metal back!
XD
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
i think it going to be the same, there's to many different genres and people have different tastes so it'd be impossible for one genre to be predominant. though i do think that there's going to be situation similar to "the grunge scene taking out hair metal". its going to be a certain band at the right time thats going to destroy the massive amount of emo bands, but its going to be with good music
We've had a few good bands this decade. Muse came into their prime, Kasabian are putting on great shows, The Libertines brought back indie rock to the mainstream...there are loads of great defining bands of this decade mate. You jsut aren't looking hard enought =]

As for the '10s, I can see Elctronic music becoming more popular and (what is apparently) pop music continuing to rise.
Quote by Oasis-fanatic
But we've had nothing in the 2000s, it's all been pretty lame(IMO).

I think we've had plenty

Its too soon to talk about things like that though

Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man

hahahahahaha
Quote by TK1
i'll bring the hair metal back!
XD

Please don't ruin the upcoming decade for me.
Quote by brooklynsoulja1
theres gonna b major mix of rap with a rock beat n rock with a rap beat lol

with 7-string guitars de-tuned to A right? sorry already happened, its called Nu-Metal.
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man

Well it's a matter of opinion, but I can think of several musicians I like who I think will be remembered for what they've done in the 00s:
Muse
Arctic Monkeys
My Chemical Romance
Lostprophets
The Killers
Green Day
Interpol
Foo Fighters
Tenacious D
Franz Ferdinand
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
There have been some good bands in the last 7 years.

I don't like British Indie crap - Kaiser Chiefs,Franz Ferdinand,Libertines,Fratellis,Arctic Monkeys,Hard Fi,Razorlight,The View,The Kooks, -man I can't stand them and they've infested festivals.

The 00's have been crap for alternative music fans
Noteworthy Bands of the 00s (may include bands that formed in the 90s but have been recognized in the 00s)

The Strokes
Wolf Parade
Arcade Fire
Arctic Monkeys
Broken Social Scene
Coldplay
The Decemberists
Feist
Final Fantasy
Gwen Stefani
Jet
John Mayer
K'naan
k-os
The Mars Volta
Maroon 5
Metric
Muse
My Chemical Romance
Sigur Ros
Spoon
The Unicorns
Wolfmother
yeah Yeah Yeahs
Last edited by Tsunoyukami at Sep 2, 2007,
Quote by break-me-in
Well it's a matter of opinion, but I can think of several musicians I like who I think will be remembered for what they've done in the 00s:
Muse
Arctic Monkeys
My Chemical Romance

Lostprophets
The Killers
Green Day
Interpol
Foo Fighters
Tenacious D
Franz Ferdinand

theyll be the only bands that will REALLY be remembered.....and probably lostprophets if they keep selling out (and i hate MCR but i think there music should be respected)
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Libertines
Oasis
The Who
Paul Weller
Kasabian
Queens Of The Stone Age
Bob Dylan
Arctic Monkeys
David Gilmour
Ian Brown
John Frusciante
Rolling Stones
The Strokes
Wolfmother
Muse

We've had some decent albums this decade imo.

The future proberly lies with more computerised type music,although i reckon a good old fashioned rock band might kick it up a bit.
Quote by Oasis-fanatic
theyll be the only bands that will REALLY be remembered.....and probably lostprophets if they keep selling out (and i hate MCR but i think there music should be respected)

Yeah maybe. Although the first 3 are the ones I'm definitely betting on to go down in music history.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Rap and Hip-hop is going to be mainstream for a long while. We're gonna have to get used to that.

(Real)Rock is going to be in it's little hole that it's already been in since the end of Grunge.

R&B is going to be less rhythm and more blues(IMO) therefore, blues is going to be a little more popular.

Techno - dead

Emo - Dead

I'm really hoping that someone will make a HUGE new rock band. I'm hoping for some classic rock, mixed with some 80's, but just a hint of that. I think that velvet Revolver is on the right track. They're the exact kind of music i would listen to all day.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Quote by rocknrollstar
Libertines
Oasis
The Who
Paul Weller
Kasabian
Queens Of The Stone Age
Bob Dylan
Arctic Monkeys
David Gilmour
Ian Brown
John Frusciante
Rolling Stones
The Strokes
Wolfmother
Muse

We've had some decent albums this decade imo.

The future proberly lies with more computerised type music,although i reckon a good old fashioned rock band might kick it up a bit.

People have been making music with computers for at least 10000 years. Pay attention kids.
Maybe every band in the 2010s will have the same style as Muse/Mars Volta/Radiohead. Wouldn't that be awesome?

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
Muse
Arctic Monkeys
My Chemical Romance
Lostprophets
The Killers
Green Day
Interpol
Foo Fighters
Tenacious D
Franz Ferdinand

/me adds:

CKY
InMe
Reuben
Starsailor
Bloc Party
Yourcodenameis:milo
Brand New
The Used
Avenged Sevenfold
Mastodon
Busdriver
Biffy Clyro

edit: Well not widely remembered as such but these are good acts that have released plenty of albums since 2000
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man

Damageplan is decent. They're from 2004, Iron Maiden's has had "A matter of life and death" they're best CD yet
Quote by break-me-in
Maybe every band in the 2010s will have the same style as Muse/Mars Volta/Radiohead. Wouldn't that be awesome?

If bands sounded like the Mars Volta I would cum myself. And if they all looked like Omar Rodriguez I'd be even happier
Quote by GiantRaven
/me adds:

CKY
InMe
Reuben
Starsailor
Bloc Party
Yourcodenameis:milo
Brand New
The Used
Avenged Sevenfold
Mastodon
Busdriver
Biffy Clyro

I can safely say that not one of those bands will be remembered decades from now.
Quote by Pedalboard

I'm really hoping that someone will make a HUGE new rock band. I'm hoping for some classic rock, mixed with some 80's, but just a hint of that. I think that velvet Revolver is on the right track. They're the exact kind of music i would listen to all day.

That would be boring and reactionary.
Page 1 of 4