So here's the deal. My band will be starting to do extensive gigingin the next year, so I figure I'm gonna need a half stack. I want good cleans, an amp which goes good with pedals (I have a Metal Muff) At east 100 watts. I'm gonna get a summer job next summer to pay for this (I'll be almost 16), so I should make about 1000$ Canadian (Maybe 1500$ if I'm lucky) Anything good for that price? Tube is a must, because I want to have an amp for at least 2-3 years. I saw a vox head for 600$ at my music station(Tube) would that be good?
BTW: I play Punk, Ska, and distortion isn't a problem, as I have my Muff.
Last edited by RentACar at Sep 2, 2007,
An all tube Vox head would be excellent. Windsor half stack but cleans aren't great. Peavey Valveking half stack has better cleans but a little more expensive. Your best deals for an all tube half stack are in the used market. For metal you will need a little more gain than either of these. I am not sure the Vox will do modern metal. You really need to try some amps out before you make up your mind.
I probably won't be the last person to say this, but you don't need a 100-watt half-stack for gigging. If that Vox head was an AC-30, I'd go for it. Very nice cleans. .
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?